Weaving ends 😬

So the bag I’m making has lots of ends to weave in. Which is tedious, but I actually don’t mind it. That’s shocking for me because I usually HATE weaving in those ends :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

I have to trick myself into it.
I have a plastic tote just for projects that need finishing (actual finishing, not WIPS) Once that is full, I’m not allowed to start a new WIP till I empty it.
For the time I have been here, I have been working on my personal library of small patterns and finishing those in batches before I start a new batch, so it hasn’t been much of a problem, but I currently have 3 or 4 sweaters in the tote that mock me because they know I’m about to start a batch of sweaters for the shop and then I will have to work on them.

10 Likes

mocking big brother GIF by globaltv
Your sweaters!!

9 Likes

no, thats my 15 crochet hooks listening to me go on and on about my 100’s of knitting needles

9 Likes

Drag Race Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

6 Likes

Try to weave in the ends as you go!! My trick is actually holding the ends from my previous row and crochet over it on my working row! Idk if it makes sense but it has saved me so much time!!!

7 Likes

I use that method a lot too! But this piece requires a lot of sewing little details so I wasn’t able to do that this time. I also decided to weave the ends in to make it extra secure because it is a bag that can get a lot of wear and tear.

7 Likes

You’ll still want to bury the ends as working over them isn’t secure enough

7 Likes

Yes!!
I spilt the yarn and zig zag them into the item 3 different directions. I leave myself a long tail.

6 Likes

I only crochet over the ends in amigurumi but for a purse or blanket I weave the ends in

5 Likes

I either weave in and then weave back the other direction (knitting). Or work over a long tail then weave in the other direction (crochet)
I have found that a sharp turn back is fairly difficult to work loose.

6 Likes