weaving in ends

does anyone else get midway through a project and then think ‘oh no! soon im going to have to weave in all these ends’ and then slow down on the project to delay the end wesvong process :joy:

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Nah. But I do get distracted by ‘oh shiny’, aka a new pattern, a test, an idea for a design or simply by orders.
So I end up with 1 million and five projects.

On the bright side, I usually end up finishing a lot of things and people wonder how fast I am :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

i do that too! and then my mums like “everywhere i look all i can see is your crochet!”

8 Likes

:joy::joy:

8 Likes

Hahaha, no I don’t slow down. But I also try to weave as I go, so I don’t have as many tails at the end.

12 Likes

That is wisdom!

9 Likes

Hehehe

8 Likes

Small things I weave as I go, but sweaters can get tedious. So when I’m done with a sweater pattern, I will bag it up and toss it into a plastic tote. Once the tote is full, I won’t allow myself to start any new sweaters till I have done all the finishing on the projects in the totes.
It works for me to sit in a comfy spot with plenty of fluids and something to binge watch on TV and just get to it…because I hate seaming, I usually try to work seamless projects anyway, but there is always finishing work to be done

8 Likes

this is so true!

6 Likes

i try doing this but there are always bits that come loose :joy:

5 Likes

Those last 5 are usually the really important one too! :joy:

5 Likes

yes! sometimes ill just put a project in a corner so i can forget about it qnd its unweaved ends :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

A lot, lately, I’ve been weaving half of the length as I crochet. Then I go back when I’m done with the section and I weave it back into itself, to help out lock in place. Hope that makes sense

6 Likes

yes! so sort of wave it in as you go then go back and weave it in again?

6 Likes

Yeah!

7 Likes

thats a really good idea because im always scared my ends are going to unweave themselves

6 Likes

Yes! Haha, that’s why I started doing it. Pretty much everything I make is a gift, and I don’t want my gifts unraveling themselves! :laughing:

7 Likes

^^SAME!!
I keep trying to set a “can’t start one until I finish one,” but then something “urgent” (read as: I deem it urgent or necessary, and my definition changes on a whim​:rofl:) comes along :woman_facepalming:t3:

I also do the partial weave in as I go, I crochet over the end, BUT still leave some to go back and finish as crocheting over is not enough to lock in place…

I do hate the process of weaving in ends, but I won’t consider a project done until I do (and block if needed), so I tend to get to them a little quicker…

6 Likes

Yeah, I start something new to reward myself for doing a tedious order etc. :joy:
I often weave in ends once I’m a few rows in, depends on my mood and the project. My mom hates it, I really don’t mind :smiley:

5 Likes

I don’t slow down but do try to work in the tails when still working on the project and then try to avoid the tails by stuffing them on the inside when possible.:sweat_smile:

7 Likes