Weird question but............. Day 2

When you were a kid did you have a fear of the dentist?

I did not I actually liked going, don’t ask me why

Ty for reading this post and I hope you had an amazing day 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

18 Likes

I Didnt cuz my dentist was my moms best friend lol I mean I certainly didn’t like going but I wasn’t scared

8 Likes

Not really no

11 Likes

Nope I loved going especially because there was mints there ehehe

8 Likes

No, because my mom would get me a stewart’s milkshake 30 mins after!!

8 Likes

i didn’t like it ig, but I wasn’t afraid of it lol

8 Likes

I have never had a fear of the dentist, only having cavities. They always gave me toys at the end of the appointment

8 Likes

I didn’t cause my grandpa is a dentist i have 3 uncles who are dentists and also my dad is one as well and so is my brother so I have a long line of dentists in my family

8 Likes

haha i actually liked going cause they had the tv screen where i could watch sponge bob

7 Likes

I had an excellent family dentist growing up and my current dentist is wonderful. I had a lot of dental issues and procedures when I was younger but am doing pretty good now

5 Likes

nope cuz the dentist was my grandpa lol

6 Likes

I didnt! My dentist was super nice, she also had a small crochet business she would run out of a corner of her office too! I have a scarf she gave me from it still, though she has since moved away.
She’d give us these little tokens and we would get to go get a treasure from a little plastic treasure chest she would have in the lobby, and on time i got this super cute webkins cat plushie <3
We have since switched, cause the people who took over when she moved were not great, but our new one is actually my ortho’s wife- plus she always chats with me about my nails, and her and her husband’s hygienists are super nice. One of them crochets actually! Love her 🫶🏻

That was a suprisingly long info dump about a sinple question-
I may try to find the scarf and cat in a minute, but i dknt wanna get up rn :sob:

6 Likes

I did because I was always afraid of getting a cavity! ( But I never did end up getting one)

6 Likes

i loved it lol

4 Likes

I Never cuz it was always warm and kid friendly

4 Likes

Umm I wouldn’t say scared, but I don’t like having people all up in my face like that :joy: I like my personal bubble

4 Likes

Can’t properly reply to this question bc my childhood was pretty bad. Actually my mother was abusive and she didn’t wanted to bring us to doctors bc she was saying it was… Useless. I’m not exaggerating.

Also, she didn’t learn to us property basics like brushing your teeth i learnt it bc there was prevention at school I was 8 ! So my teeth was kinda injuried and when, as a child you have bad teeth condition, it can affect your adult teeth.
And after quit all this hell, i knew than all the world toothpaste couldnt fix all the damage.

And that’s a this time i started to fear dentists. Because i was ashamed. I wasn’t my fault but i was ashamed like every victim.

Now i saved a bit of money for repairing my teeth, i need implants, but now bit by bit i start to fix my mouth and feel less ashamed/less feared.

But many times reached the point that pain was bigger than the fear and shame. Even if i lived 9 years with wisdom teeth that was causing me a lot of headaches and sinusitis. I got the upper ones pulled out and now i have the feeling of being a new person. For now i just have to wait for implants for having the surgery for the lower wisdom teeth :blush:

Bc in France especially when you don’t live in Paris, this is very difficult to find some specialized doctors like dentists, so when you find the only one that will accept you as new patient you’re happy :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I actually really liked my dentist cause she crocheted

5 Likes

i did, still do honestly… not for cleanings but any other things that have to do with more procedure lol

i honestly just dislike the experience though

i just dont like people up in my face as well, and the hygienists are are always trying to talk to me/ ask me questions while theyre cleaning my teeth, so thats just a huge inconvenience haha

3 Likes

Fr they always ask questions :sob:
“So how’s school going?” goes to answer “You gotta keep your mouth open for me sweetie”

4 Likes