What are you learning next?

What is your next skill you want to learn? I’m go try and master cables this weekend (it might take me longer than a weekend).
I find a shy away from learning new techniques because I worry I don’t have the skills, but one I dive in it usually isn’t as difficult as I had thought.
What stitch/pattern/technique do you want to learn next?

5 Likes

It took me a few years to try cables because they were so beautiful I thought they were hard to knit, imagine my surprise to discover, they were much easier than I thought and they are one of my favorite textured knitting :yarn:. You will find lace is fun too. :wink:

3 Likes

I know, lace is surprisingly straight forward! Harder to see you mistakes until you have few rows to unpick, but if you pay close attention it usually isn’t too hard to follow the pattern.

3 Likes

Hehe, oh yeah, I hate tinking lace, a life line is a great thing to have for when your mistake is a few rows below where you are when you notice it and you really need to rip out several rows, lol ask me how I know :joy::joy:.

3 Likes

This is such a great question. I really want to learn how to chart patterns. This has been a fun thought process for me, but I really don’t know how. On the chart symbols, there is a “folding dc”. I think it is a “folding sc” though, english terms as opposed to UK. I want to incorporate it into patterns, just because it’s new to me.

2 Likes

Different terms from different countries do make it harder to understand.
I really enjoy putting something I have just learnt into patterns, it means you you really have to understand the new stitch to make it work

2 Likes