What are your favourite yarn brands?🧶

I have been crocheting since august 2021 and have used a variety of different yarn brands and weights from dk, Aron, chunky and super chunky and James c brett, cygnet, BERNAT and many more! Just wondering what everyone’s favourite brands of yarn are to use when crocheting? I think mine are the cygnet chenille chunky and BERNAT velvet plus, if I had to choose! :blush:

12 Likes

I love this yarn is the best acrylic

8 Likes

That all depends on what I’m crocheting. Right now I’m using red heart super saver yarn for all the amigurumi I’m doing. I have a lot of Bernat blanket yarn that is always fun to work with. Kinda hooked on cotton. :rofl: I have some DK weight cotton yarn, PaintBox brand. I really love that for thinner or wearable projects. Mostly I find a sale price and stock up on that.

6 Likes

Have you tried I love this cotton?? I think you would love it! They even have glitter cotton yarn :blush: you can find it at hobby lobby!

7 Likes

I do love it. I’ve never crocheted with it myself but my grandma in law has. Waiting for a really good end of your clearance sale. Dream on right?

7 Likes

Yes! But you can get it 30% off every other week just check the app/website to see if it is on sale :blush:

7 Likes

I have to wait for my stash to dwindle first. And that could take years. Hahaha
(better sale, I could do) :moneybag:

5 Likes

I love the bernat velvet for amigurumis! But it’s so hard to find in France :sob::sob::sob: I have to buy it online, it’s so expensive with the shipping cost and taxes…

9 Likes

I usually use Red Heart. I do have several different types of Bernat too. I’ve crocheted with several brands and weights and always seem to steer back to Red Heart.

7 Likes

That’s what my husband says​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

That’s the same with me, I always end up going back to the same yarn!

5 Likes

I am in the UK and it is quite easy to get a hold of over here thank fully!! It is annoying when there is a yarn you really want to use but can’t find anywhere!

6 Likes

I m currently crocheting a jumper using paintbox yarns, and I am really pleased with how it is turning out, the yarn is working great for it. A sale is normally a factor in what yarn I buy, who doesn’t love a sale!!

6 Likes

Lion Brand :lion::lion::lion:

6 Likes

I love Lion Brand Chunky—I’ve made many hats with it because it works up so fast !

6 Likes

LoveCrafts operates in a lot countries, including France and they have 5 different kinds of Bernat Velvet. Shipping charges are decent too. :blush:

Here’s the link to the French website- Bernat Yarn | LoveCrafts

5 Likes

Thank you for the link! I don’t really know if it’s worth because even if delivery is free, they sell it at a very high price :cry: but maybe if it’s in promotion some day it can be a good deal

4 Likes

@PeloteFiction
Why so expensive? You’re right there in Europe for crying out loud!

4 Likes

Yes :sob: I mean, there is nice yarn at good price, but for velvet yarn… :cry:

5 Likes

Oh! I’m sorry in the USA velvet yarn is around $11.99

5 Likes