What are your plans for the weekend?

Oooh love this design!
(I made 2 pairs forever ago and keep wanting to make more :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:)

4 Likes

Very cute!!

4 Likes

i love knitting those, they work up so nicely. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So adorable!

5 Likes

Nice job!

4 Likes

Yes, it was a fairly quick knit, but I couldn’t find 2 circs in the right size (my preferred method for small diameter knitting), so O finally gave in and using magic loop :woman_shrugging:t3:
But I really do like it and wouldn’t mind making more for the 3 girls I mentioned :blush:

5 Likes

yeah, I use the 9” circs for the sleeves and 16” for the body. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t have any 9" circs… And usually use my interchangeables to do 2 circs, but all of my cables are currently in other projects… So I need to buy more cables :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3: (because finishing those UFOs is obviously not an option :rofl::rofl:)

Also I got the cast on for my daughter’s sweater done and only have 5 rounds of sleeve ribbing and ends left on the one pictured for neighbor… So not great progress, but I’ll take it

6 Likes

I have a ufo to finish, I guess my own are not enough because I have taken the job of finishing one for a friend who has parkinson’s and can no longer knit :(, and my mom’s unfinished afghans. she passed away in 2000 and I’m not getting any younger :stuck_out_tongue: but at least I finished my now late Christmas gift for a family member, she loves the stuff I make for her and she won’t complain because she’s very knit worthy. I hand spun cria fiber (baby alpaca), then knit it using one of my own designs ;). It’s blocking :). I’ll insert a picture in a bit :).

8 Likes

I’m sorry but is “ufo” an unfinished object or is it an actual ufo :flying_saucer: ?

5 Likes

sometimes I wonder, but it’s unfinished objects :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Thank you! I am relatively new to the ribblr community and I haven’t heard these terms before! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

we should make you a list, fo is finished object, putting something in a timeout is something we do when frustrated with a pattern and we put it aside until we can look at it with fresh eyes or to see if we can figure our mistake out or want to “frog” it, to frog something is to rip it (ribbit :p) out. In knitting if we aren’t frogging but have to undo it one stitch at a time, we call that tinking ie: tink is knit backwards ;). that happens a lot in lace and cables when we aren’t paying attention. ;).

Anyone else have the brain power tonight to add to a list of Knitting and crochet terms and initials for someone who hasn’t been around them?

7 Likes

That is so helpful and some of them are not ones I would think of such as tinking (although I don’t knit) thank you for clearing things up! I’m sure I’ll get used to these the longer I’m on ribblr! :blush:

6 Likes

I’ve seen HO and HFO for something that has 2 and 1 has been finished (Half Object or Half Finished Object)
LYS Local Yarn Store
Of course some common yarns~ RHSS: Red Heart Super Saver; CSS: Caron Simply Soft; ILTY/C: I Love This Yarn/Cotton; BSV: Bernat Super Value

8 Likes

Thank you! I haven’t heard of these before :blush:

6 Likes

Another one is - ymmv - your mileage may vary, for how much yarn you might use.

5 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

5 Likes

Oh, hadn’t heard that before

5 Likes

For anyone curious, I finished the baby sweater last night, but getting a true color picture was difficult :woman_facepalming:t3:
I’m pretty happy with it and looking forward to gifting to our neighbor

Pattern: Flax by Tin Can Knits
Yarn: RHSS in Macaw
Needles: Boye Interchangeable Needles size 8/5.0mm and 6/4.5mm and a random size 8 with 40" cable

9 Likes