What are your weekend plans? 🧶

I’m planning to work on a new Christmas pattern and to finish up some old projects and perhaps go for a walk if weather permits! :sweat_smile::cloud_with_rain:

What are your plans for the weekend? And what’s the weather like where you live?

6 Likes

Baby hats on on tap here, as well as testing out an amigurumi pattern a friend of mine wrote. Temps here are still quite warm… we’re still in air conditioning season, with temps in the high 80’s to low 90’s here… expecting some showers over the weekend, and keeping an eye on a system in the Atlantic that has a 60% chance of developing into something in the next 5 days. Only 44 more days left in hurricane season… YAY!!

3 Likes

I work this weekend but I am planning to finish the body of my City Limits sweater and hopefully start sleeve one. The weather is is quite cool and there is a tiny possibility of snow Sunday into Monday. Hot chocolate and sweater weather!

3 Likes

Oh no! Look after yourself. And good luck with the baby hats!

Where is that? That’s pretty early for Northern Hemisphere or late for Southern Hemisphere!

2 Likes

Ohh noo! Hurricanes! I was visiting New Orleans a few years ago when Hurricane Harvey was passing… fortunately it didn’t hit New Orleans, but theses storms are so terrible and destructive!
Please keep yourself and your family safe! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Wow snow!!! Sounds like fun! Especially with hot chocolate in a cozy sweater! :coffee:

2 Likes

I am planning to get in all the knitting I can :slight_smile:
I’d like to make some progress on my daughter’s Fosette sweater (my first colorwork sweater), maybe dye some yarn with said daughter, make some progress on socks projects, and plan all the particulars for pumpkin hats for some babies at church (I began the dyeing process on some yarn before I headed to work this morning for them).

As for the weather, it feels like fall has fully arrived. Today it is about 56* F and it looks like the next several days are 50’s with some rain in there too.

3 Likes

Sounds like an amazing weekend!! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I live in central Iowa and it is pretty early. It won’t stay but still… I prefer my snow after Thanksgiving :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, the weather all over the world has been quite unpredictable this year…
Here in London, we had a scorching hot and dry weather this summer… the grass was not very prepared and everything turned yellow which doesn’t really happen in the UK very often since it rains so much usually…

1 Like

@Ribblr and @Lir - we’ve been really fortunate this year (knock on wood!) that we’ve escaped a LOT… the western Gulf Coast of Louisiana has taken a beating this year… they’ve had 2 hurricanes six weeks apart come ashore within 10 miles of each other. Living in Florida all these years, you get used to it. Beginning of the season we make sure we have fresh batteries, candles, lamp oil and wicks, matches, non-perishable food items, bottled water, baby wipes (for washing up) and charcoal and lighter fluid for the grill. That way, when one is on the way, all we need to do is top off the gas tank of the car and fill a gas can or two, and go to the bank to get cash (if you don’t have power, you can’t swipe a credit card!). I haul in the patio furniture and potted plants, and fill the tubs and spare jugs with water (in the event of issues flushing the toilets, or for washing up). Easy peasy if you get the bulk of it done the first week of June so you’re not running around like mad when one is on the way!) We charge up all the portable chargers (power banks) and make sure everything we need to have charged is, so we don’t have to use the car to charge them. We only evacuate if it’s a severe Cat 4 or Cat 5 taking pretty much direct aim at us… I live 20-25 miles west of Daytona Beach, FL.

3 Likes

Where do you live, Rhonnie?

1 Like

Weekend isn’t looking awesome. A good friend has been hospitalized with high bp so I’m watching her 5 kids. They’re tired and they miss mom and I’m tired and I wouldn’t do anything differently but man am I worn out

3 Likes

God love ya for being such a good friend. I know five kids would probably drive me to drink! Hope your friend is OK, and recovers quickly so her kids get their mom back.

3 Likes

Bless you for doing that! 5 kids are a handful, especially when they miss mom. Hope all goes well and everyone is soon backnin their proper places!

2 Likes

Wishing your friend a fast recovery!!!

1 Like

They ARE destructive! My uncle and aunt (Mum’s brother) live just north of New Orleans. After Katrina hit, the area was without so much for a while… so they spent time bouncing around at their two daughters’ homes, and came to Florida to spend time with us too, before they were able to go back home and actually have power, gas stations and grocery stores and drug stores open, etc. Since 1995 (when I retired from the Navy), I’ve only evacuated twice… and one of those two times, I didn’t feel it was necessary (and I was correct) but my brother scared my Mum into it. We evacuated for Hurricane Irma about 4 years ago… when we evacuated, it was already a very powerful Cat 5, and was taking aim for our area. These things are fickle, and very unpredictable… after we left the EAST coast of Florida and headed up towards the Panhandle, it shot across to the WEST coast of the state, and caused a LOT of flooding and and damage in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Petersburg area… shot across the state to the Northeast, through Orlando then North to Jacksonville, causing immense flooding and damage there. We were up in Pensacola, and all we got was a little rain and a little wind. It was good that we left, tho’… our neighborhood was without power for almost a week. I got home, and the first thing I had to do was empty out the fridge and freezer and toss everything. We had a few small branches down in our yard, but our place looked pretty good. There was damage in other areas and neighborhoods, but our home and property weathered it well!

2 Likes

Snow tomorrow and husband is pheasant hunting. Scary movies and knitting for me.

5 Likes

NW Ohio

Oh no! I hope she is okay and home again soon!!
Five kids when you aren’t used to it can definitely be a handful :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

The world is so scary sometimes…but it’s also beautiful a lot of other times…:purple_heart:

3 Likes