What do you like to use as a yarn winder?

I’ve never had a yarn winder but I’m starting to think having one would be nice especially for partially used skeins. Anyone with advice for winders of different prices and how they work with different weights of yarn? Not sure if I want to get a winder that costs a little more but if the cheap ones are total junk that’d be nice to know.

7 Likes

My sister to make very big wooly eggs​:crazy_face::rofl:

7 Likes

You use your sister as a yarn winder? :joy::sob:
As long as she enjoys it!

6 Likes

She does
She is amazing at it

6 Likes

Dang. Where can I get one of those.

6 Likes

I’ve bought and used two.
The first, Knit Picks Yarn Ball Winder, was smaller, and worked, but not for the bigger skeins I wanted it for.

The replacement, Stanwood Needlecraft Large Metal Yarn/Fiber/Wool/String Ball Winder - 10 oz, was just what I wanted / needed. I have it near me and use it a lot. I recommend it, but realize it is spendy.

7 Likes

I’ve had to fix my Knit Picks ball winder twice now, the gears somehow got off track and needed to be put back. Plus the limited ball size had me checking out the Stanwood winder. It’s good to hear you like yours. :blush:

7 Likes

I hand wind my skeins, it does take some time but it’s definitely worth it in the end :blush:

6 Likes

My boyfriend :rofl:

7 Likes

Amazon has them.

5 Likes

Yeah, I have a yarn winder but it broke a couple of months ago. When I used it though, it would always mess up so I don’t think I’m getting another one.

5 Likes

Don’t buy a random cheap one. I learned that the hard way. Buy one from knitpicks.com. That’s the one I use and it’s affordable and it’s really good.

6 Likes