What is your current #wip ?

Hey crafty friends! What is you current #wip?
It can be anything craft related, just comment below what the project is called and who the pattern is by! This way we can discover new patterns and artists here on ribblr. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I took a break from the testing for another person and I am almost done with this.
Very well written pattern, I didn’t find a single error,

7 Likes

Aw adorable! I love bananas!

5 Likes

My wips at the moment are two spinning projects, a 2x2 ribbed hat for a homeless shelter and a baby sweater for a church member who i about 6 weeks till due, unfortunately are not patterns on this platforms :(. Altho when done with the alpaca spin, I will be choosing a hat here to knit out of it ;).

The first spin is wool, spinning it as a fractal, the first bobbin has all the colors in a longer run (1/2 the braid) the 2nd bobbin you see I’ve started, has all the colors, in shorter colors (the other 1/2 of the braid stripped into thirds) spun back to back in the same color order, then plied together. some times the colors will over lap and some will be barber polled. The other spin is a dark brown alpaca :llama:, it also has a finished bobbin of singles and I’ve started the 2nd bobbin. Not sure what I’ll make with the fractal spin, but the alpaca I’m spinning to be a hat for a friend. Ignore my jerry rigged lazy kate on the alpaca (shoebox using straight knitting needles for it to ply ;p), I’m saving up to get one made since they don’t make them for my Rick Reeves spinning wheel any more. ;p.

8 Likes

Oh my gosh that is amazing! Sounds so fun! :star_struck::star_struck:

5 Likes

Maybe some day you will try spinning, it’s easily the most peaceful calming thing I do, even more than my knitting, and I love my knitting. It has a slight learning curve, but then most things do, there’s just something about the rhythmic treadling and the softness of the fibers going through your fingers that grounds and calms. And maybe knitting or crocheting with your own yarn :yarn: ;p.

5 Likes

Gah! Don’t you hate it when you got something good and the companies quit making stuff?

5 Likes

Mr Reeves was a local Spinning Wheel maker in IA and he got sick some years back and retired and had to close his business. Another spinning wheel company took over but they aren’t making replacements for the older wheels. I did find a woodworker on Etsy who’s sister use to sell these wheels in her spinning shop so he’s very familiar with the wheels. I had him make me 2 bobbins (they are peculiar and had to be custom made to fit the wheel) because when I got it (it was given to me) it only had one bobbin and you really need 3 bobbins, 2 to hold single strands you’ve spun, and an empty one to ply them onto for a double ply yarn. When I have him make me a lazy kate, I may have him make me two more bobbins in case one gets damaged!

5 Likes

That’s a sad story!! :weary:

In my mind I see an old German man with white hair, wearing brown pants, a shirt, and a brown vest wearing glasses. He’s peering over his glasses as he wrestles a bobbin into a spinning wheel. Various tools are in his vest pockets threatening to spill out unprovoked.

Then he gets sick……….:frowning:

4 Likes

12 pointed star blanket fir my newest great niece. I’ make each new baby their own blanket. Usually with a 3 weight mandala cake. Thus one is linger and so pretty.

9 Likes

It is pretty!

5 Likes

I’m working on a new little toy for the kid of a monster in the shovel knight game he’s playing with daddy.

8 Likes

Sorry, not very good lighting. I finished the 2nd side since this pic was taken. It is a demin blue color. It is another granny hexagon jacket. Love this project. Will post again when finshed

9 Likes

This ought to be interesting!

5 Likes

Lovely. What kind of yarn?

5 Likes

Just finished these for a CAL! Not sure what is next, probably will get started on the holidays​:two_hearts:

9 Likes

Caron One Pound - Canal. The border will be Lion Brand Homespun - Tudor

5 Likes

I am working on a stacked pumpkin centerpiece for my table, she is on YouTube but she does have a written pattern for the center piece below her video.
Her name is winding road crochet

Not my picture just a example, because i do not have a picture of the wip yet.

8 Likes

Ooooh hi Marlee, great to see you on Ribblr, my current wip is this top I’m making I’ve finished the crocheting part just need to complete the final touch ups:)

4 Likes

I wonder how big it would be with blanket yarn? Now I wanna make a GIANT banana

3 Likes