What is your fav. Item to sell on markets?

I’m not okay to pay myself less than minimum wage but that makes it hard to sell most crochet projects because Noone would pay that price :pensive:

So what is quick to work up and good to sell? :relaxed::sunny: I’m going on my first market next month! :green_heart:

10 Likes

Go for small Amigurumi, like bees, octopus etc.
With or without keychain. Little ones love them. And big folks too.

7 Likes

You could Google anything but im thinking little coadyers to put your coffee on,??. Also youve just given me a memory i forgot about…thanks

6 Likes

If it’s next month definitely go with the fall/Halloween theme. Pumpkins, black cats, ghosts, tiny witch hats on normal plushies like frogs and bees, etc. At my last market I sold all of my small plushies super well!

7 Likes

I’ve done only one craft fair, not my cuppa. I didn’t sell anything. My prices were resasonable, and quite possible I was not in the venue for my particular style. There wasn’t any other table which had anything like mine, and yet no business. I wish you well in your craft event. You are in this to sell your items not donate them. I’ll tell you what sold like hotcakes was scrubbies. I have no interest in making them, I must enjoy what I make or I won’t make it. I can’t see myself making 100 scrubbies, but that is me. Dishclothes are quick, and can use scrap yarn. I wish you well, and hope that you sell your items.

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out for you! :pensive: I’ll see how it goes for me. But I’m 100% with you that it’s gonna have to be something like and enjoy making. Because that’s why I crochet in first place :relaxed: I’m not here to make money (even though that would be a dream)

5 Likes

Keep dreaming that dream. Everyone of us that sells things, started small and with that dream.
It took me 6 years to build up what I have now.
I’m technically still working below minimum wage for most items, but I slowly raised my wage after finding my niche and expanding from there. :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of hats and scrunchie go well, BUT those are super common so you’ll probably have a lot of competition… Also craft shows are hit and miss depending on your area… My hometown was cheap and doesn’t understand craftsmanship so I constantly heard “I could buy that at Walmart for $5, why would I pay you $30?”, but my current location does a little better and would pay the $30 more times than not…

7 Likes

Precisely! I could crank out. “Stuff”, no joy in that for me whatsoever. I choose to make things of a different type which suits me, after all I am create it.:yarn:

4 Likes

People do not understand individuality, handmade, they want to look like the rest of the sheep who paid $5 to wear the same exact thing. I hope you sell to your hearts content to people who know a value of your work and talent.

4 Likes

It is comforting to know someone is doing well, you’ve put the time in, it isn’t an easy fix or flash in the pan. I’m slowly making more designs, the customer base is not progressing whatsoever. It’s all good because I have joy in making it anyway.:yarn::heart:

5 Likes

Thank you!
It was and is a lot of social media posting.
IG, my personal FB page, my business page, littles in groups, trying to keep a balance of not spamming anyone.

4 Likes