What is your proudest crochet moment?

I want to see pictures of everyones proudest moments in Crochet! Or any project really. :slight_smile:

I’ve been having a rough couple of weeks, and one of the things that cheers me up is talking about crochet. Especially when people notice projects when I have them out in public. For instance, there was a Ravelry pattern of a Bermuda Tee I made a while ago, I was wearing it out today and so many people asked me about it. It warmed my heart because it’s one of my proudest project moments. It’s when I really, really decided to kick it up a notch in crocheting.

So, Ribblr members, share your proudest moments with me! All the bragging allowed. I love hearing about all the little details! <3

16 Likes

I love your positive experience wearing your Tee! Congratulations!

Mine was a couple of years ago. Mark Roseboom of “a man with a hook” announced a CAL for his “Spice Market” blanket. There was some sort of backlash from some evil people regarding his design and though he published the pattern, he cancelled the CAL. The outpouring of love & support for him was amazing! I bought the pattern and chose to make it in thread.

The final piece was one of my most ambitious and turned out fantastic. I entered it in our county fair & won 1st place. I hadn’t planned on selling it, but I received an offer from a beautiful soul I really couldn’t turn down. She uses it as a prayer cloth and tarot mat in her ministry. It makes my heart so warm.

13 Likes

Probably still my first Mandala Madness.
I just love throwing together colors and see where it goes :smiley:

Hope you get to feel better soon :two_hearts:

14 Likes

So beautiful :two_hearts:
I love his Patterns!

8 Likes

I finished this Hearts of the Rows shawl (pattern by K.A.M.E. Crochet I think) in 4 days! I love all the little textures in it, and would love to find a good home for it some day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

That’s a beauty!

8 Likes

Lovely work & those colors are so happy!

9 Likes

Beautiful :heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

Thank you :two_hearts:

8 Likes

These are all exquisite! I can only wish I had a percentage of the talent shown.
Lilly Singh GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

9 Likes

Pah​:heavy_heart_exclamation::smiley::two_hearts:
Just keep stitching :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

9 Likes

Aww beautiful work everyone!

Hmm proudest moment Honestly everytime I push through a specific issue I am proud of myself. I’m a well seasoned crocheter but things still stump me sometimes. But this is so far a recent proud moment last night I finished. :grinning:

12 Likes

So cute :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Adorable!

7 Likes

So first, I’d love to see the Tee that you received compliments!

As for my proudest, it was kinda hard to choose as I typically fewl proud of each thing I finish, especially if it means that I’ve advanced my skill again… But I finally married it down to 2… Both were made for my son when he was younger…

The first was a custom pair of mittens using a thermal stitch - they fit him exactly and were nice and warm (no pattern make, although I’m super proud of a couple actual patterns I designed)

The second was figuring out how to turn an adult “hat” and make it child size… My husband requested a horned helmet, then my son decided he needed to match his dad… But the pattern was one size - adult…

12 Likes

It’s one of those Hobbii twister twirls things in I believe the color Rainbow Pyrite. I love the colors so much!

9 Likes

Awesome :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Thanks!

7 Likes

Its so good to hear your tee has been getting good feedback when out.

I’m really proud of my Bear Aldrin I recently made. First time adding the clear part to a crochet item.
The bear pattern is by @stitchnotes :green_heart:

12 Likes

This was one I finished after many a frogging,
Just wouldn’t get the hang of the pattern, kept at it. It turned out real pretty. U believe the color is Victorian Rose by Caron Simply Soft. The pattern name is feathers and fans if I recall correctly.

12 Likes