What kind of patterns do you usually use? And what do you do with all your finished projects?

I have a list of over 100 ideas of patterns I’m considering to make, and more gets added basically every day. That makes it tough to know what I should go for next! They all range from very simple to quite complex. I want to make patterns that others enjoy making too, so I thought I’d put up two questions;

1. What kind of patterns do you enjoy making? Easy, quick ones? More challenging, time-consuming ones? Does it shift?
  2. What do you do with all your finished pieces? Do you keep them to yourself? Do you sell them?

To answer my own questions; I enjoy a mix of easy and challenging. I love challenging myself, but then I make something easy as a sort of “palate cleanser”. What do I do with them? Some I keep, but with most projects I give them away to whoever wants them! (One could say I’m a process crocheter/knitter rather than a finished-project-enjoyer)

What about you? :blush:

9 Likes

I make a mix of easy and challenging patterns so I don’t get bored.
I sell about 90% of my items at markets! I also gift some to family and friends. I mostly only keep garments to myself :]

5 Likes

Oh wow, how fun with markets :smiley: how often do you do them? I don’t know why, but I’ve been watching basically every crochet market video I’ve found on youtube, and most look like a lot of fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I usually make amigurumi, I just give out my finished projects to teachers, friends, family. I even get requests to make things from my cousins, aunts, grandma, and my counselor.

6 Likes

I’ve only actually done one haha.
My next one is in 2 weeks! I would love to do them more often, just working on making sure we have all the supplies and we know what to expect!

4 Likes

That’s so kind :blush: And it’s high praise for your work that others request stuff from you! That always feels nice :slight_smile:

@artnium73 Well, that’s more than I have, so congratulations on your debut! And good luck with your next one :slight_smile: Yes, I can imagine it’s quite a guessing-game!

6 Likes

Evidently I have to pick the most difficult projects out there LOL I prefer wearables.

6 Likes

me personally, i like quick and easy ones((stitch count between 18 and 30 is my favourite)), preferably without or minimal sewing but that’s because my attention span is that of a goldfish :sweat_smile:
i will occasionally do the complex pattern or one that requires sewing

currently i’m just hoarding all my finished projects on my desk or on the kitchen cabinet :sweat_smile::sob: i am too attached to all of them they are my babies :sob:

5 Likes

i personally like quick patterns the best but when im feeling spicy i like the big complex ones

5 Likes

I mostly have the same MO as you. I like something new and challenging but I need quick and easy to keep the creativity flowing. I get bored easily at large or repetative patterns - like blankets or sweaters.

I either hoard or gift away my creations. My market bags are exclusively made to give away.

4 Likes

Haha, even though I like complicated patterns, I also dislike sewing parts so I always try to avoid it! I always manage to prick myself with the needles :joy:
Well, keeping them and building your personal army of cuties isn’t too bad :wink:

5 Likes

Oh, I also have a hard time with repetitive patterns! My biggest example of this is my patchwork cardigan with the basketweave stitch–I think I started in February/March, and to this date I have like 230 of 260 squares done :joy: It being summer might have something to do with it, but it just gets so boring after a while ^^’
Nice of you to gift market bags! They’re probably well-used by the recipients!

5 Likes

I wish I could brainstorm many crochet ideas every day. Or at least ones that I would actually make.
I love easy, quick ones. Definitely easy, quick ones. Maybe I don’t think of many crochet ideas because I mainly like small, no sew ones because they are quick, and people love mini keychain stuff and simple bookmarks.
Since I’m usually preoccupied with life and the lack of motivation, sometimes the only reason I actually crochet many things at once is because I get orders, or because I’m working on a new pattern.
I don’t keep many crochet things I make because usually I make them for whatever I do with them.

4 Likes