What’s been on your hook recently? (Or needles)

I’ve been making lots of mini apples lately, body pattern by @StellasYarnUniverse and leaves and stems by Twinkie Chan! They’re for teachers (I’m going to embroider each name on an apple) and are coming out super cute. What have you been making recently?

21 Likes

I’m working on this cutie from Mari-Liis Lille’s book Lovable Amigurumi Toys.

19 Likes

Cute! That’s going to look amazing! Love it so far :laughing::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio Cute little apples!
@anoswaldoddity What an adorable doll!

I have a doily on the hook. Had to take a short break from it. Now working on motivation to get back to it.

18 Likes

Beautiful colors and design! Have you made doilies like this before? :grin:

9 Likes

Thank you! I’ve made a lot of doilies. The petals on this one has my hand cramping like crazy. I’m using a 1 mm steel hook with no support. I think maybe I need to find a cushion for my hook to give my hand a bit more to grasp.

8 Likes

Ooh, I can’t work with tiny hooks for too too long or my hand starts hurting, so I totally know where you’re coming from! But you’re certainly making lots of progress. Do you usually have 1 project or many going on?

8 Likes

Try the polymer clay trick @TexasPurl .
I can’t hold anything smaller than an F without some kind grippy thing. My hand is too long and slender.

8 Likes

F’s can definitely bother my hand after some time of crocheting.

6 Likes

The apple idea is really fun, at my elementary school we used to have wooden apples with the kids names, then we’d hang them on small hooks on a big tree painting on a wall (you could take the apple with you after going to high school) :apple:

(don’t have a picture of the tree but I’ve kept the apple) it’s dusty though because I can’t reach that spot without standing on my bed lol, it’s a tiny ridge near the ceiling where I keep small statues :grin:

Also I just started working with fur yarn for the first time, it definitely needed some getting used to but I like how soft it is

10 Likes

Hi guys! I’ve been making forest sprites from my 1st original design, and it’s been really fun! I’ve also been making a couple of unicorns from craftinginglory’s pattern.

14 Likes

Clover amour hooks are my absolute favorite ergonomic hooks!

8 Likes

omg i love the sprotes and the unicorn! i really want to make the mini one using her free pattern (as soon as i buy more yarn for the colours :laughing:)

7 Likes

@WolfKvB I love your apple from your apple tree! That’s so clever and cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love the fluffy yarn! What are you making? :smiley:

@destinyrae03 Very cute! I love the chunky yarn you’re using! :blush:

8 Likes

I have a sweater on the needles. I am also working on a scrap blanket

8 Likes

Am making a cute fluffy cow, pattern was supposed to be small but that fluffy yarn is so big :joy:

7 Likes

@DuckLiveCraft What yarn are you using for it? I bet it’s coming along nicely!

@WolfKvB Lol, well, if you like it then it’s perfect!

7 Likes

I am using paint box 100% cotton. It is working up slowly but we getting there

6 Likes

Nice

5 Likes

Cute :purple_heart:

5 Likes