What’s the nicest thing someone has said about the crochet gift/item you gave/sold them?

I asked this question on Reddit once and about had a fit from all the lovely stories. So what’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever said about a make of yours? I was told, “you don’t know how much comfort it brings me” one day and cried several different ways from joy :heart:

12 Likes

Aawww! :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

So far only my grand daughter. She loves her monster and Carries it with her everywhere,
Next year, my goal is to make some toys for foster kids.

7 Likes

That’s the best kind of compliment, especially from a kiddo @anoswaldoddity. And what a lovely gesture- I wish you much success with your endeavor. :heartpulse:

Such a sweet sentiment @cheripai99; it must make you feel warm and fuzzy to know something you created had such an impact.

(Also I love this idea and can’t wait to have my heart melted reading all the lovely things.)

7 Likes

Exactly! I hadn’t made nearly as many things as I have until recently, so hearing about kids in our family enjoying the new toys their tía brings to them just :melting_face::heart::heart: my soul turns into a puddle.

7 Likes

That’s a lovely idea! And isn’t it just the best when kids love your creations? I never could have expected the mental boost their joy gives me.

7 Likes

It wasn’t what she said, because there actually were no words. She sat with her mouth agape and cried. I know in the end there was a “Thank you” and a hug.

6 Likes

The one thing that has stuck with me was the action not the words. I made my teacher a unicorn (she loves them a ton) and she actually ran out into the hall and was showing everybody the unicorn she got​:blush::unicorn::sparkling_heart::yarn:

8 Likes

Oh now that’s just marvelous, I would cry back! How lovely.

6 Likes

Happy Crying GIF
Yeah, we’re a bunch of babies​:smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

I love it!! I took a some of my tiny crocheted makes to a boba cafe and handed them out to the employees just for the heck of it. I was completely unprepared for the level of excitement I received from one who had the biggest smile and loudest thank you. I was walking on clouds for the rest of the day.

7 Likes

So good to read these stories. :blush: They really made my day.
My best experience was my only actual sell (because so far I only gave amigurumi to my family and boyfriend).
The girl (actually my co-student) saw my story on Instagram and wanted two gnomes for herself as well…
I had no idea how much money to ask for, so I said x amount. She said that she can only pay online, she will have no cash, I was like okay. When I entered my bank account I was shocked, because she sent double the price. This way it became totally overpriced.
She wrote to me after that I have no idea how much a toy like this can mean to someone and every time I post a crocheted thing on Instagram it is full with joy and passion and she really wanted to appriciate it. :blush:
That warmed my heart.

7 Likes

Aw that’s so sweet! It’s so heartwarming when your makes are appreciated by another person for what they are made of.

5 Likes

Growing up with grandmothers that made made all our clothes, and taught me to do the same, which I did with my own kids… The one that always brightens me the most is “It looks like it came from a store”
As a kid I always wanted store-bought clothes, and I guess that kind of sticks with you.

8 Likes

Right? Hearing people say when they think my stuff looks ‘professional’ makes my whole week :sparkles:

5 Likes