What to make with this?

I just got some old yarn from my mom and these were included, but I’m really not sure what to make with it, i usually make amigurumi and I was thinking about just using it for that with a bigger hook, but I’m curious if this has any specific purpose

Like it kinda unravels into this net type thing, though it’s mostly folded

Also no clue what size hook to use or what type of yarn it is. My first guess would be acrylic but it feels kinda soft

9 Likes

ooooh I know my mum used to make tops when she was younger with yarn like that! maybe you can try something like that? she made herself a nice vest once

5 Likes

tho it’d look great for a big plushie

6 Likes

I’d use a large hook, maybe K or L. if you have a lot of it, it’d make a unique plushie! Especially a frog.

4 Likes

I don’t think I have enough for a vest but that is a fun idea, thanks :heart:

5 Likes

Do you maybe know what size hooks those are in mm? I’m not really sure what sizes those are

Also a plushie would be fun, might make a frog with that green and a cat with the brown ish tones :grin:

5 Likes

Ooohh maybe I can make something like a heart from the pink one :heart:

4 Likes

smaller hooks would prob end up making nice lil pattetns (i love it so much btw i want some now

5 Likes

i used to have a saved chart converting thing wait a sec!!

5 Likes

there u go!

6 Likes

the hook size looks like 10-2.00MM tho im not so sure

5 Likes

Oohh that chart is awesome :heart: Thank you

5 Likes

I think that would work if it wasn’t like rolled up as a kinda net, rolled up its thicker than what I use for 4mm hooks, but thank you for the suggestion :heart:

6 Likes

If you knit, you could spread out the mesh and knit a ruffle scarf.

6 Likes

Ooohh I think that might have been what my mom used to make with it, I don’t knit but i do know some basic stitches. Is that something that beginners could make or is it more advanced? :heart:

4 Likes

It’s easy to make. You knit into the top of the mesh. I cast on 6 stitches for the scarf and was done in no time.

4 Likes

Ooh okay, thank you, I’ll check it out later :heart:

5 Likes

If you like to make doll style amigurumi, you could use it around the waist as a “tutu” like skirt by spreading out the net and sc into the spaces at the top on the waist row… (I can picture what I mean, but not sure I’m explaining correctly)

6 Likes

That’s a great idea!!! I know what you mean.

6 Likes

That sounds like a really cool idea :open_mouth::heart:

5 Likes