What's your comfort "thing"?

I’ve been in the mood to just look at cute things. Animals, items, songs, literally anything that makes you happy or brings you comfort. For me, it’s been explaining to my mom crochet. I dunno, but she’s been super interested in my hobby as of late and it’s both fun (and sweet) when she asks me to go yarn shopping because she’s so interested and overwhelmed by how many different types of brands of yarn there are.

Oh, and also that Quokka’s exist.

They may be wild animals, but those little cheeks just always brighten my day.

14 Likes

mine are ferrets :).

My last fur baby, RIP Thor.

9 Likes

Oh my gosh Thor is so cute :sob:

I’ve always thought about getting ferrets eventually. Their like liquid mammals and I love them, my friend rescues them and they are an absolute hoot.

8 Likes

I have a sloth heat pack :face_holding_back_tears: I love warming him up and cuddling him!

10 Likes

I have one like that too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Mines this really random app called alpaca world where u basically collect alpacas :relaxed: That and ducks. I love ducks.

5 Likes

I had a rescue as well, they are very fun, but very expensive in every way. Thor was my last rescue, I bought him from a pet shop because he was 6 weeks old and deaf (they didn’t know he was deaf, but I knew it was a possibility because of his coloring it’s a genetic issue in that panda coloring and also the badger coloring) and when I saw the other baby ferrets avoiding him I was pretty sure. Ferrets play hard because they have very tough skin and when they get too rough they will squeal to be let go, obviously he wasn’t hearing the squeal so they avoided playing with him (it’s also how we train them). I asked to see him in the pet room and put him down and as he walked away to explore I stood behind him and clapped my hands loudly, he didn’t look up or toward the sound, just kept exploring, so I knew. i bought him and took him home because I knew nip training him (like they do each other) was going to be harder and I was afraid since the buyer wouldn’t realize he was deaf and needed special training they would think he was mean and bring him back and he would be put down, or he would bite their child in play and they might hurt him, so he came home with me. Took me several weeks to nip train him, but he turned out to be a rare snuggler. I lost him at almost 7, pretty old for a ferret. I don’t have them any more because after caring for about 22 ferrets over the years, I couldn’t take the losses anymore.

9 Likes

Ahah cute I just downloaded the game :joy:

6 Likes

So sorry @LDSVenus

7 Likes

It’s honestly so sweet that you cared so much about him to bring him home after noticing the deaf part, a lot of people wouldn’t put in the extra effort and it would end up with the animal living a bad life or put down, I really appreciate/admire people like you who just care a lot :purple_heart:

I’m sorry about the loss though

7 Likes

For me comfort things are usually activities like crafting or gaming, or I’d watch my comfort show if I’m really not feeling great and need some liked nice nostalgia/happiness

Though it’s also great to spend time with pets, got some cats at home and they would generally notice any feeling down and come cuddle :purple_heart:

6 Likes

My comfort “thing” used to snuggling with my husband but he died 4-2-2019.
Nowadays, my main comfort Is God, along with my cats, and crochet.

6 Likes

Mine is the movies sing and sing 2. I watch them whenever i had a bad day haha

5 Likes

That’s so sweet. All animals deserve that kind of love and dedication. <3

5 Likes

I uhh. I have that app too LOL Its literally the best.

4 Likes

@anoswaldoddity I’m so sorry for your loss. Im so glad you found that comfort in religion and your kitties tho! They both can be wonderful and therapeutic.

@sarahmakinthangs I didn’t even THINK about movies! haha mine is definitely Tangled. I absolutely adore that movie and have since its release.

7 Likes

its such a cute game!

4 Likes

it is tho :joy:

4 Likes

Love tangled!! It’s a comfort movie for sure

4 Likes

Playing with yarn, reading, and singing are my comforts…

5 Likes