What's your favorite....

I have a question for knitters and crocheters :yarn: what is your favorite yarn or pattern that you’ve ever bought or whats your favorite item you’ve bought from a small business? :heart: :blush:

12 Likes

That’s really hard… I’ll definitely have to think about this :wink: What about you @Chachi03 ?
Edit: Ok now that I’ve thought about it some, it’s a pattern I haven’t bought yet but will! I’m totally in love with it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @dezaraecrochet ’s The Rose Top
is one of my total absolute favs! But I love @poppysmicks Sparrow Sweater too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

This is a good question. My favorite item that I bought is a pin of corgi’s butt with a yarn ball. I had a Corgi named Ceasar that we lost about a year ago and this pin keeps his memory alive. I bought it from an indi dyer known at the time as Once Upon A Corgi. She has rebranded since.

10 Likes

I love dk weight cotton the best. I love the feel of it just touching it, and the way it hangs as a wearable.

On the other extreme, the tubs full of Bernat Blanket yarn make me smile every time I walk by them.

7 Likes

My favorite yarns are ribbon type yarns. But they are so expensive! Like $13 for a 50g ball.

6 Likes

my favourite yarn I’ve bought is marriner get cosy yarn it is so good and it doesn’t shed and it is really cheap.

7 Likes

Is it velvet ?

5 Likes

I would call it blanket yarn.

7 Likes

That will work!! Where do you buy yours from? They ship to USA?

6 Likes

I buy mine from Marriner they only ship to the UK but they sell on amazon so I’ll check if they ship to the US and if they do I will send it to you.

6 Likes

ww.amazon.co.uk/Marriner-Chunky-Knitting-Crochet-Polyester/dp/B09BW35TCB/ref=asc_df_B09BW35TCB/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=577338935172&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7912218743386120553&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006602&hvtargid=pla-1607412451106&psc=1

5 Likes

I have 3 top favorite patterns that i’ve bought. (they’re all on etsy) I really like fantasyspritestudios dolls, AmigurumiByRuby cow pattern, and I really like SleepyFrogCrochet skull granny square.

6 Likes

Nice! Another of my favorites is by @anon8927812 , Buttons, a doll outfit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m testing it right now! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Aww thank you! :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

While my favorite pattern is actually free, I love Projectarian’s Orbit the Dragon pattern! (Although I loved it enough to buy the expansion with the wings.) It’s just so cute, I couldn’t stop making them for a while!

10 Likes

that looks so cute

5 Likes

Any type of Bernat blanket yarn is my favorite!!!

7 Likes

I always have a soft spot for indie dyed yarn.

7 Likes

hard questions, I’d have to think a bit on a favorite pattern, there are so many wonderful patterns I want to knit. But my favorite thing I bought from a small business maker was a custom made set of ferrets as a progress keeper and stitch markers. Ferrets are my pet of choice, they are pure joy in a fur coat, but they only live an average of 5 years, and after 20 years of having them, I couldn’t handle the losses any more, but I miss them terribly. They are also expensive to keep, special ferret food (because they food imprint it’s best to make a mix of several good ferret foods in case one of the foods change their ingredients and the ferrets quit eating it, yeah they are a bit picky) a very good larger cage, several special ferret litter boxes ( they can’t hold it lol, you need a litter box in every room they are allowed in, in a corner) and non clumping litter - I preferred the rolled paper litter, appropriate ferret toys and vet visits (normal yearly ones and all the others for the mischief they find to get into (they need to be caged when you aren’t playing with them to cut down on vet visits because they can can get into mischief very quickly, ;p), and cancers as they get older. The vet visits are expensive because they are considered exotic pets. But if you have the money, time and patience they are very fun ;).

9 Likes

Those are very cute, i’m sorry for your loss but I’m sure the ferrets were an amazing friend :heart:

6 Likes