When I recreate my pattern it’s fine but when others do it, it’s completely different

So I made my most recent pattern for the pink bunny right, and I redid it twice just to make sure it’s fine but when someone else did it for a pattern test, it turned out completely different, can someone help me out :sob::disappointed:

11 Likes

Maybe you’re using a different wool type or you’re unconsciously adding a new step? :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I mean it has the same wool thickness and I redid it so I’m just completely confused

8 Likes

Two different people, the way they crochet might different the hook type and the person may be a beginner or intermediate crocheter and the techniques they use may be different

11 Likes

ohh hmm did you take into account the UK / USA crochet terms? (eg. UK double crochet = US single crochet or UK double treble = US treble)

made that mistake before :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

9 Likes

Omg I didn’t think of that

6 Likes

Ribblr automatically translates between UK and US terms, so that shouldn’t be a problem on this platform.

- Language translator

Change pattern’s language. This automatically translates the entire pattern to your chosen language. The icons are located within the user prefernces menu on mobile.

6 Likes

Writing a pattern is harder than knitting or crocheting it, I can knit up a storm but when I go to put a design on paper so others understand it It’s a real struggle. I’ve read knitting patterns for 50 years but writing mine down so it makes since is difficult. It may make sense to me but the next person using my instructions may see them differently. Most professional pattern writers have a tech editor, a person trained to catch mistakes and make sure it’s written so the knitter or crocheter can understand the instructions, but you are probably like me and can’t afford to pay one, so we let a few people test knit and give feedback so we can tweak the pattern if needed or change the directions to clarify something others are having a hard time with.

It’s a process. Make sure the people who are testing your pattern know they need to give you feedback on how easy or difficult the instructions were to follow and if they had a problem, what the problem was so you can try to explain it differently. I would also ask them, for the test knit, NOT to make any changes on their own but instead to contact you if the pattern is unclear, because you want to make sure the directions are clear as written so turn out with the same project you created. Hope this helps.

10 Likes

Maybe have more than one person test it? :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Yep but the other one is quite slow-

7 Likes

Also for some Amigurumi, some prefer to yarn under opposed to yarn over for single crochet US terms.

8 Likes

Technical editors can help with clarity but it can be costly.

1 Like

could just be the person. I’ve noticed that in group testing I have done that each persons end will be slightly different. and then sometimes mine will be like totally different. i followed directions, and all was well. i figure its yarn types and crocheting styles. i cant see your pic, so Im not sure how off it was.

4 Likes