where do you keep your yarn?

Okay so… I’ve been noticing my yarn has been getting fuzzy each day…and it doesn’t look like it’s original quality when I brought it home. I just found this video explains where I should keep my yarn…before I found this video I had my yarn in plastic buckets. I had tried everything in my power for my yarn to not turn fuzzy. I dusted my room every day and wiped my walls… and the quality of the yarn was just getting worse…so when I found this video my eyes was now. Tomorrow I will go to the store to buy those plastic buckets with a tip on it. My only two questions for you guys is…

1. Will my yarn turn back to normal if I keep them in the buckets

2. Where do you keep your yarn?
    Take a picture of your station!

9 Likes

That doesn’t happen to my yarn, and I don’t exactly know what you mean. I don’t think it will go back to normal (does anyone have tips for that?) also my yarn station is a disaster so I won’t add a picture for now :joy:

7 Likes

Hi

Sorry for your yarns, I had some yarns for 4 years and it never gets fuzzy
So I don’t get what you meant

Right now I display my yarns on IKEA shelves
I noticed some dusting though, so I probably should get glass doors for them

7 Likes

I have them all in plastic bins. Don’t know why, just seemed better that way.

5 Likes

me too. I have one near me with UFO’s. Another with a bigger project that needs stitched together. One too full with all the yarn I’ve been using lately. It needs re organized. Purple’s in the purple bin, pink in with the pinks. Etc …

5 Likes

I have a hanging closet shoe rack for my yarn. I got it for 14 dollars at Walmart. I use each section for a different color and keeping my yarn in the closet keeps it out of my puppy’s mouth. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I just kinda put most of them into these bags, and put the bags in my brothers old room, because no space in my own :joy: but whenever I’m working on something I just have the yarn laying next to the project

Only exception being yarn that’s for a temperature blanket, that’s in a separate basket together with the blanket progress

5 Likes

Basket in the middle of the lounge room

4 Likes

Its hard to explain maybe tomorrow ill show you how my yarn is looking

4 Likes

i had plastic baskets where the dust and bacteria can reach to them easily hahaha

4 Likes

haha mines was under neath my bed but Ive noticed my bed gets dusty easily and i have to broom underneath it every second

4 Likes

I keep most of my yarn in racks and I’ve never ran into that problem

6 Likes