Who taught you your craft?

My dear grandma taught me when I was 8 years old. Miss her so much.

12 Likes

I thought myself crocheting! (With the help of some YouTube videos) but my friends dad gavE me motivation.

10 Likes

YouTube did!

9 Likes

YouTube is amazing. You can learn so much from their videos :+1:

8 Likes

Taught myself with various books, videaos, articles.

8 Likes

Way to go self taught​:+1:

7 Likes

Basic stitches in Junior High School. More after having grandkids. Mostly online also. A Repeat Crafter Me hat was the first pattern I was ever able to understand. I tend to see something and try to re-create it. Then later learn the right way is so much easier. Ha #Ilovethishobby

8 Likes

Self taught as well! I’ve longed after Amigurumi and some cute crochet clothes for years and finally caved and got some hooks in 2020. I’m still madly in love. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Yt lol.

8 Likes

I taugt myself how to crochet 2 years ago when I was 10. I have taught my mom how to crochet and now she is making a blanket.

6 Likes

YouTube :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

nuns lol

6 Likes

YouTube but my mom was the one to get me the supplies and support to try crochet

7 Likes

My grandmother got me into crochet too! :heartpulse: I went down the classic sewing to crochet pipeline due to her haha

6 Likes

Love those grandmas :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Same!

7 Likes

My grandmother taught me when I was younger. Have photos of her teaching me how to knit.

8 Likes

I taught myself to knit with books and a ton of videos, and now I’m learning to crochet the same way. :blush:

7 Likes

I’m self-taught with the help of Youtube for both knitting and crochet! My mother taught me how to do some basic sewing of course when I was a little girl, which she learned from my grandma when she was that age :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My nanny and mum taught me to sew, embroidery, latch hook and to knit. My mum stared teaching me how to crochet, and I taught myself most things about it

8 Likes