Why am I getting a code to sign in

hey all!
is this just me or not? Everytime i log into ribblr it keeps sending me a code instead of having me put in my password, and it’s a little annoying. As someone who signs in and out a lot , it’s a little annoying instead of just quickly plugging in my details.
Why is it like this?

18 Likes

Ford @4dium was just talking about that too but said he can still log in with his password, im not sure being someone who uh never logs out :skull:

10 Likes

It’s a new feature! You can choose to enter a password instead if you want!:yellow_heart:

9 Likes

I don’t sign out ever so idk, when I do have to sign in if I’m using a new device I usually just put in my user and password and that’s it. It might be a newer security feature for people who made an account after a certain point but idk

6 Likes

oh! how so? I keep missing the option :sob:

7 Likes

I log in and out too, I haven’t had to yet today but I’m dreading having to do this everyday

5 Likes

Look underneath, I think. It should says “log in with password” instead. Or something like that.

6 Likes

thank you all!
so you put in your email, then on the code screen it says “didnt recieve a code? use your password” and you click that and it lets you in! thanks so much for helping me put it togwther!

8 Likes

when you try to log in it sends a code to your email every time, but also gives you the option to use your password. @Ribblr ’s idea for extra safety is smart, but id appreciate it if they could make it an optional feature. i have multiple emails from the last three hours just because ive logged out and in.

its really obnoxious. i get enough emails already.

10 Likes

I just went through this and you can choose to use your password or use the code it sends to your email.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! We’ll make it easier to use your password without receiving a code.
Can you share the reasons why you log in often? Are you using public devices?

4 Likes

Yep! I share the device I use so i log in and out frequently. Just with family, but nonetheless!

2 Likes

Great thank you!

2 Likes

Of course!

3 Likes

idk if this applied to me too

i log in often because i live in a strict household where my device gets taken often. for my safety, i delete apps that could upset my parents. this includes ribblr.

in addition to that, i occasionally log out and back in because my messages on dms will stop going through/showing up.

1 Like