Why did y’all start crochet and when.

Hi all. I was just wonder when y’all started crocheting and why? My sister taught me when I was ten and tbh I started because I wanted to be just like her. Now it is a good way for me to relax and I am even going to start selling at markets. Have a good day loves.

-Rainy Days Crochet :purple_heart:

8 Likes

I started crocheting in quarantine, which was somewhere in 2021. I don’t really have a particular reason why i started crocheting, maybe just because i was bored. My mom taught me how to crochet because she used to make clothes and stuff for me. My grandma also taught me a little bit too.

8 Likes

That’s cool. I’m glad you found a way to keep yourself busy during Covid.

5 Likes

i started crocheting in april of 2023 (i think??), and started cause i wanted to make amigurumi for my friends <3

6 Likes

That’s sweet of you!

5 Likes

I learnt to crochet close to the end of 2021 when i was 12. My grandma taught me a couple of years after i learnt to knit but gave up as it didnt work for me but i really stuck with crochet and is a great escape and a great way to relax. Me and my grandma still enjoy crocheting together now.

7 Likes

I just love hearing stories like that. That’s how my sister learned to crochet. And then my sister taught me. Happy crocheting :yarn:

6 Likes

I started just over a year ago because my therapist told me too to help with my motor skills :skull:

8 Likes

Thats so sweet. It seems like you two have a great relationship.

4 Likes

i started because i was sick and bored in 2021. and now it has become a full time hobby and i wouldnt change a thing

6 Likes

My Grammy taught me to crochet when I was about 7, but I didn’t pick it back up until around the time I started college, when my great grandma helped teach me to read patterns.

I started in college because I was looking for something to help with my anxiety, and it’s now a part of my daily routine for therapy, plus crochet supplies were easy to store in the itty bitty dorm room haha!!

6 Likes

I wanted to make my bridesmaids bouquets

4 Likes

I honestly dont know why i started lol but my cousin taught me a couple years ago

3 Likes