Why Do You Crochet/Knit?

@WolfSpark

3 Likes

yeah :frowning:

3 Likes

I crochet mostly for my own benefit. It helps the anxiety and feeling I’m not good enough. And it gets me something to do and see how it grows is amazing.

Doing a huge blanket for myself. The first thing I started when I got back into crochet. And now I am trying to actually do clothes for myself in it. It’s hard but so rewarding seeing how it gets bigger and closer to being something I can actually use.

And I also use crochet so I can watch shows and movies and have something for my hands to do.

2 Likes

I call my crochet my Xanax. Lol!!!

2 Likes

I learned to crochet as a child but it didn’t stick with me then. I picked it up again as a young mom and dabbled with projects occasionally. Two and a half years ago I had brain surgery, I’ve crocheted nearly everyday since about 1mos post op. I jokingly called it brain rehab b
and I really believe it helped heal me.

2 Likes

I crochet and knit to handle my anxiety, depression, and PTSD more effectively. It may not help my depression as much but seeing something you made perks you up. Plus, having yarn and needles handy or a hook helps so much in social situations. :raised_hands:t2: Feeling stressed? Knit or crochet something simple. I always forget to pack a oh sh!t kit for knitting or crochet for the car though. :laughing:

3 Likes

Honestly to keep me busy. Like if I’m bored, I’ll just pick up a project! If I’m watching something, it gets so incredibly boring unless I’m doing something with my hands. Also just for validation that I can create something interesting or for others. I like making gifts, but am kind of a pushover asking for payment…

2 Likes

I started to crochet to pass the time during the pandemic. I have always been a crafty person but I never really expanded my reach into crafting until this year! I like the validation that I feel when I finish a big project and then go show my family and friends. I have always been against asking for money with my work, but I have just now come around to the idea.

4 Likes

@eeross2003

3 Likes

I started crocheting because my mother taught me, but I keep crocheting because I love having the satisfaction of making something cool that people will love with a bit of yarn and a hook.

3 Likes

I crochet and knit basically to have a creative outlet. The pandemic put a dent in my motivation, I’ve only now started getting back into it. I taught myself from books as the internet wasn’t available to the public back then

3 Likes