Closed - Wishlist to the Ribblr team

Update note from Ribblr: please make a post for each of your suggestions and discuss them in that post.
Copying the original Ribblr comment here:

ribblr

1h

Thanks everyone for your fantastic input! :purple_heart:
(The team is going over all your suggestions!)

We encourage you to share your feedback with the community or privately if you prefer to reach out.
For new suggestions please add your own new topic.

This space is intended exactly for that :slight_smile:
It allows Ribblrs and our team to focus their attention on one suggestion at a time and create a more meaningful discussion around it.
This way our team can also check how popular each suggestion is and if they decide to move forward they can prioritize it accordingly.

Even if your suggestion does not turn into a reality, please know that our team notes and discusses all the input shared with us. 30-50% of our new features were suggested by Ribblrs! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey all, letā€™s make a Ribblr tech wishlist :smiley:
Iā€™m sure some things are in the making, but maybe we find some new ones to add.
I can add your suggestions in this list and once we get our wish, Iā€™ll take them off :smiley:

Updated Aug 21st 2022

• be able to archive pattern tests, or mark them as finished (so they are maybe moved to the bottom of the page)

• more than one journal / more than one make for sale of the same pattern

• pattern freebie countdown
    & reset freebie timer at midnight for freebies, not for the time when the download happened

• add journals / makes with non Ribblr patterns

• add the option to add the yarn used, yardage, yarn weight, hook / needle size (for across referencing database build) and a general yarn stash option

• tester & designer ratings (for designers in tests)
    (in the works, see Ribblr reply)

• make notes on the test pattern for easier communication with the designer

• import already-created charts into the smart chart feature

• use HEX codes when adding colors to the materials section

• when in wishlist, after getting a pattern, stay in your spot in the wishlist (not jumping to patterns), the jumping part is a bit annoying in other areas too

• add year posted to topics

• edit ā€˜makesā€™ on the ā€˜makesā€™ page (without having to go to the pattern and then your journal)

• Block patterns or makers

• add a level of experience between Beginner and Intermediate (in pattern designs)

• time limit on publishing patterns (like one hour between each publication)

• Testing:
    It would be great to have the test chat connected to the pattern, aka, if the email that can be send to the designer could go right to that group chat.
    I know itā€™s probably not feasible, but that would be great :blush:

• Another thing we were discussing in another post is a tester list. When we take them off the pattern we donā€™t (I donā€™t) remember who tested. Maybe that in itself would replace the tester grading. If they are on the list, people could possibly message us privately for a recommendation.

• being able to Rearrange picture order in the pattern header, have the option to choose one picture as header or the slideshow

• a category for knitting machine patterns

• Follower button easier to find.

• Subcategories. Looking for something specific that I would like to search for., with pictures of all those things in the category.

• having your own options to organize patterns we ā€˜ownā€™

Solved

• find ā€˜own topicsā€™ - via your profile

• get to ā€˜spacesā€™ easier - easy on tablet, phone (iphone) more clicks

• sort patterns in ā€˜Discoverā€™ by ā€˜newā€™ (see Ribblr reply)ā€

• keep the edit function on posts available with no time limit - see Ribblr reply

• categories for patterns -already available, meblind :woman_facepalming:t2::blush::roll_eyes:

Add your ideas :bulb::arrow_down:

23 Likes

Yes! This is great!
Iā€™ve got two that have been heavy on my mind lol

The first,
a pattern timer that counts down your 5 free pattern limit timer. (Maybe on the home page or my stuff page, where ever really.) So it takes the guess work out of the pattern timings.

And second,
the ability to post my own makes (in the my makes section obviously) that donā€™t have a pattern yet. So we can have a journal of all of our creations on our profiles even if the pattern doesnā€™t exist yet or isnā€™t on Ribblr, or we ā€œwinged itā€. I think it would lead to a lot more sharing and creativity being spread!

17 Likes

Another idea Iā€™ve had is for the ability to rate testers! As a tester myself, I would love feedback on what worked and didnā€™t in terms of giving advice. What they would like to see, etc.

As well as that, the ability for a tester to make notes on the pattern, and when itā€™s finished and a journal is made (or something along those lines) the pattern maker could get an annotated list back.

15 Likes

Brilliant :+1:t2::bulb:

10 Likes

Great ideas! :+1:t2::bulb:
I had the tester rating in mind and then forgot.:joy:

11 Likes

These are great so far! I know I have some but I canā€™t think at the moment. If I do think of them today Iā€™ll be sure to come back to post!

9 Likes

Come back any timeā€‹:smiley::two_hearts:

8 Likes

My niche is C2C (corner to corner crochet) so mine relate to that.

• I would love to be able to import my already-created charts into the smart chart feature. As my c2c patterns make rather large blankets, I just donā€™t have the time to re-chart them square by square into the Ribblr chart software.

• I would love to be able to use HEX codes when adding colors to the materials section.

8 Likes

Is there a tome limit on how long I can edit a post?!

Well, there goes the idea of updating it,ā€¦

I guess Iā€™ll have to add a new reply for ever add on / update.

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

6 Likes
  • archive pattern tests, or mark them finished (so they are maybe moved to the bottom of the page)
  • categories for patterns
  • more than one journal / more than one make for sale of the same pattern
  • pattern freebie countdown
  • reset freebie timer at midnight fir all freebies, not ā€˜randomā€™
  • add journals / makes with non Ribblr patterns
  • add the option to add the yarn used, yardage, yarn weight, hook / needle size
  • tester ratings
  • make notes on the test pattern for easier communication with the designer
  • import already-created charts into the smart chart feature
  • use HEX codes when adding colors to the materials section

*sort patterns in ā€˜Discoverā€™ by ā€˜newā€™

*keep the edit function on posts available with no time limit

*when in wishlist, after getting a pattern, stay in your spot in the wishlist (not jumping to patterns), the jumping part is a bit annoying in other areas too

• add year posted to discussion posts
8 Likes

Make an ability to to edit posts, particularly on just Help & Support to add ideas :rofl:

7 Likes

:joy::+1:t2::two_hearts:

5 Likes

A refresh or count down on the free patterns would be great. I think maybe a count down of 24 hrs because I can get the next lot of 5 patterns around the same time each day. The refresh at midnight seemed ok, but times are probably going to different over the different time zones we live in

And does anyone find that this is a bit annoying scrolling down to buy/redeem a pattern that the button pops up and I am unable to view the patterns on slides down the bottom of the page in mobile portage mode but can seen in mobile landscape mode

9 Likes

Edit your own posts or others? Because you can edit your own.

5 Likes

First part is in the list, second I havenā€™t noticed yet :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a time limit on the edit.
Maybe another ā€˜levelā€™ thing?

8 Likes

I would like the posts to have a year on them also. I think a post is current and it was a year ago.

8 Likes

Donā€™t they have that?
:thinking:
Just checked. Correct, no year. Odd :smiley:

6 Likes

I can now edit the main post, Yippieh :joy::two_hearts:

7 Likes

The full date seems reasonable, especially for the testing center as some really old or forgotten ā€œtester wantedā€ threads keep getting pulled back up.

8 Likes