Would you like to make this type of pattern?

Hello fiber friends! I have had an idea knocking around in my brain for a while now. Do you remember those choose your own ending books growing up? Goosebumps books had a lot of them. I have been thinking of making a hat pattern that is in that same style… With different options as you go… For example, the first decision you would make is do you want to make your hat too down or bottom up? What do you guys think? Would y’all like to make a pattern like that, where you are prompted within the pattern to make decisions as you go?

25 Likes

That’s a cool idea!

5 Likes

I like that idea. Would it be crochet or knit?

6 Likes

I only know how to crochet so I could only do crochet patterns like this. Sorry.

6 Likes

I do both so either one is fine. Was just wondering. I don’t think you mentioned in the post. Still very cool concept. I would totally want to try.

6 Likes

Sounds super cool! Reminds me of those mystery patterns where you don’t know what you’re making

6 Likes

Sounds very fun and interesting, how do you think you would go about it? Like different steps going with different instructions, mixing and matching, etc.?

5 Likes

OMG!! that would be so cool!! you should totally do that!

5 Likes

Well I am going to do a hat. And I have a hat pattern that I put out a while back and it is a top down pattern, but since I wanted to make it inviting enough that all levels could make it I included the instructions in the pattern for a fpdc, bpdc ribbed band or a SC in blo as you go ribbed band. That is when I got the idea really. Like, what if I made a pattern that the crocheter could make all the choices to make this totally customizable, choose your own ending hat. So I will start with choosing top down or bottom up I reckon, and then play around with different stitch options… Slouchy or fitted… Closed top or messy bun… Anything and everything that could be a choice, I will give the instructions to do it. I think it is also cool because in a way it will teach strictly by the pattern crocheters that they can make their own adjustments to most patterns really if they want to.

6 Likes

That sounds awesome! I just started learning how to crochet and I would learn soooo much! :grinning:

4 Likes

Sounds awesome

6 Likes

sounds really fun!

4 Likes

This sounds like a really cool idea. I remember reading about a pattern that was similar to this, not a hat pattern, and I absoutely love the thought process of them​:heart:

4 Likes

I love that idea! So creative!!!

3 Likes

The idea fascinates me

3 Likes