Writing my own patterns

Hey everyone!
I’ve been crocheting for a while now and I think I’m ready to make my own (simple) patterns and sell them on ribblr.
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for what I should make? I’m open to any ideas, but i would prefer to make amigurumi

13 Likes

Oooo! What I do is I have a sketch (multiple :sweat_smile:) and draw out the idea I have. I then break it down into shapes. For example, lets say I’m making a pattern for a cat, I have a circle for the head, circlish oval for the body, triangles for the ears, and longer ovalish circle shapes for the arms and legs. I also like to make a final sketch, outline and color it in. It gives it more life and its how I want the end result. Heres a picture of what I’m explaining.

If you need more help let me know, I will try to help the best I can. Have a nice rest of your day, night, or evening. :smile:

9 Likes

Thank you so much! This is super helpful!

4 Likes

I’ll add a picture in a minute

3 Likes

Thank you again! The picture helps me understand it better

4 Likes

What do you typically prefer making? Amigurumi, garmets, etc?

3 Likes

I prefer amigurumi. Ill edit the post to make that more clear.

3 Likes

What I typically do is go on a ? Random generator like for example an animal random generator and spin and make what it gives, if I don’t want/like it I keep spinning until I do get something I like or inspiration to make something I like, also here’s a great post that can help insprie you to create some really great patterns! Good luck creating I hoped I provided some help and if you need any more feel free to ask :smile:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! Ill definitely use your suggestions and ill go check out that post

4 Likes

hey! where can i find a generator? also hi ive seen alot of your posts you seem really nice im claire :smile:

3 Likes

Hi! I just go on Google (or whatever search site you use) and search ? random generator (the ? Being whatever you want like animal or food, etc) Thank you, it’s nice to meet you Claire :smile: alternatively you can search random ? generator as well

1 Like

oh okay, thank you so much! :sunny:

2 Likes

No problem, hoped I offered some help :smile:

1 Like

I know right now animals like cows, bunnies and frogs are extremely popular, especially if they have overalls :smiling_face::sparkles:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: I’ll keep that in mind!

1 Like

Some advice/suggestions would be makesure if u can to add a stitch count and makesure it is correct, because from all the patterns i have had tested, that was something the testers wanted, another thing would be tell when to add eyes/mouth, and when to stuff.
U should totally make an octopus :octopus: cause they are so fun to make! Maybe a frog-those r fun too
<3

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush: I’ll try to remember this

2 Likes