Yall...

Yall… IM DOING TAPESTRY CROCHET 4 THE FIRST TIME EVAAAAA! Im super excited to start this journey, and the first thing im making is for my market and its a Mockingjay Tapestry! Credits to @TheCrochetingGoose for making the post Hunger Games Patterns? and so i was like, yuh, this is gunna be my first tapestry and shes gonna be huuuuuuge! And shes not done yet, but shes getting there! Shes gonna be 70 sts wide, and idk sts tall, but shes gonna be something!

22 Likes

Looking good!

4 Likes

Wow! That looks amazing so far! I’ve never don’t tapestry before but I might give it a go!

3 Likes

bro that already looks so much better than the one i attempted today

3 Likes

omgg looks goodd!

4 Likes

also your color changes are so smooth!

1 Like

Looks amazing! Cant wait to see the finished product.

2 Likes

wow! glll! do u have any good tutorials for a complete beginner or how u started?

2 Likes

So since I am a complete beginner at tapestry crochet I really just use the knowledge I have of color changing and how to color change neatly and then I saw the graph and I said okay I want this to be a reasonable size that I would like to have on display. So what I did was I chose a stitch and that could be a single crochet double crochet half double crochet any Stitch you want to do that can be done in reasonable color changing and then I decided if I wanted every single Square to be one single stitch or two or four depending on how many stitches you want to do and how big you want it. I chose to put two stitches in every single box and so that gave me 70 stitches I don’t know how big it’s going to be since I’m not doubling the stitches length wise. What I mean is the number of rows there are I’m not doubling them. I hope this helps. Also preferably stick to a tapestry that has two colors instead of multiple so you get the feel for it and if you really want to just start with the smaller tapestry I decided to jump into it with no tutorials whatsoever I just went with it. Because that’s what I do after myself into complicated situations then I don’t know how to get out of it.

5 Likes

Oh wow! THAT LOOKS AMAZING <3

2 Likes

oh nice! that’s amazing!

3 Likes

Thats soo cool!!!
when ur done plz tell me how it was cause im scared of tapestry…:point_right::point_left:

3 Likes

also, how do you colour change?
do you carry the yarn inside the stitch, or use the tapestry technique?

4 Likes

Umm, i dont carry the yarn inside the st bc i find that it looks messy and i just dont like how the st looks. So what i do is i will to a color change then i will work one st over both strands of yarn, then i will push the other color back, and continue making sts till i need to color change again. Then u just rpt. If u are stitching for a long time, just after like 4 or 5 sts, st under the unworked strand

5 Likes

I remember my first Tapestry and I was just way over my head. I made a blanket that was over 150 st. I was making it for my local county fair and I won best in show and it also went to the state fair. I wish you good luck on yours!!

3 Likes

that’s so impressive

1 Like

I took way to long​:neutral_face:

2 Likes

the last one i tried to do was mostly black and i kept adding and dropping random stitches. so one row was 66, the next was 65, and the third was like 67

1 Like

I hate it when I do that I feel your pain

2 Likes

oh ok!!
that makes sense!

2 Likes