Yarn question

I saw this yarn when I was in Walmart today and I was wondering if this would be ok to make for a bralette? I’m also thinking of a beanie. I know it’s getting hot for that but want to make another lol.
But my first project I want to do is the bralette. There is a dress I would like to wear it with.

3 Likes

I think it wouldn’t hurt to try with yarn at this price why not?? The only thing I could see going wrong is if the metallic thread ends up being uncomfortable or a bit scratchy for your bralette. If you have especially sensitive skin perhaps you could line it with a much softer yarn in the bra area to combat this issue. :wink::+1:t2: Good luck!! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

What yarn would be best for a liner? I haven’t made anything wearable other then a beanie and a mini scarf.

1 Like

It would not feel comfortable trust me i have had that yarn before and its a little scratchy and it wouldnt be a nice bralette

1 Like

Best yarn for bralettes is cotton

4 Likes

Caron simply soft or Red heart soft, Bernat baby sport or softee, lion brand mandala ombré and Ferris wheel are also really soft. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I ended up ordering this to pick up later for the bralette.

1 Like

I would line it with a cotton t-shirt knit for the most comfort. Make your bralette and then make your liner to fit. If the bralette has seams, you could lay each piece out on a piece of paper and trace it to create the pattern for your liner before sewing your bralette together. An added bonus would be no peekaboo holes to worry about when you are wearing it.

1 Like