yarn shops in the uk vs us

does anyone else who lives in the uk look at peoples “yarn shopping” vlogs and just instantantly feel sad that theres nothing like that in the uk :sob:

9 Likes

IKR I’m a London gurl at heart and there’s is no Joanna or michaels or target :sob:

6 Likes

no, we need them :sob: i mean we do have hobbycraft but in my local one most of the yarn isnt like “plush yarn” which is what i want to buy :sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

also this is rlly random but i thought ur pfp was a bunny but ive literally just realised its a cat with flowers on its head :rofl:

4 Likes

Well, there is Hobium Yarn which sells Himalayan Dolphin (plush) yarn, there’s Lovecrafts which ships to almost everywhere in world, there’s Hobbi and they have Snuggles yarn (I waited for a sale),

4 Likes

Here in the US, we have a love/hate relationship with all those internet hauls.
Imagine the waste. And a lot of it is essentially plastic.
An influencer goes out once a week, or once a month and buys 20 skiens of yarn that they then have to decide if they are going to use or “donate” and if they use it, they generally make the 50th of something they have no intention of keeping, so that gets tossed or “donated” and they do it again over and over.
Same problem as with fast fashion. It all has to go somewhere.

6 Likes

ive never really thought of it like that before!

4 Likes

is hobium yarn in the uk or the us?

4 Likes

Oh yeh it’s quite hard to see but it is a cat with flowers on its head

5 Likes

According to the website, they are in Turkey, I had never heard of them before

4 Likes

Yes all the time though i do know joanns ships here

4 Likes

Yes, Turkey. So the yarns are made in Turkey and not China. I’m general, the ones made in Turkey are of better quality.

4 Likes

Ohhh, do they ship to the uk?

3 Likes

Yes, they ship to UK!

3 Likes

Do you just shop online then?

3 Likes

Yes, mostly. I go to the store with coupons and they have a sale.

2 Likes

thankyou ill look into their 25% off sale at the moment!

2 Likes