Yarn tangles, love it or hate it?

Just curious. Thought it was a good question.

• love de-tangling yarn, like a puzzle to me
  • tolerate de-tangling yarn, not a favorite, but not so bad
  • hate de-tangling yarn, nope, not for me

0 voters

11 Likes

I’m actually kind of split, if I’m just detangling yarn then I find relaxing, but if I’m in the middle of my project and my yarn gets tangled, I get so frustrated!

12 Likes

Yes I totally agree with you! It also depends on how serious the tangle is :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I always make tangles worse unless they’re very minor so my hubby is the one who usually gets the job! :wink:

5 Likes

I think it depends on the project and where I’m at. If I’m doing increases on a magic circle and my yarn gets tangled, I’m going to be annoyed because I feel like I need a lot of focus on increases. But if I’m just doing sc’s or something continuous for a while, I’ll find it relaxing to take a break from the continuity for a little yarn detangling puzzle game

8 Likes

haha. Now that you mention it, I guess I do the same.

7 Likes

Lucky to have such a hubby. Mine helps me if it’s bad.

5 Likes

I think we all agree so far. Just that Lakeviewknitter is closer to always. :wink: Right?

6 Likes

Oh, if only you knew how terrible I am at untangling yarn! I swear I make it worse just by looking at it! :roll_eyes:

The funniest time I remember was a few years ago when I tangled up a one pound ball of yarn that was about half gone so bad from the centre of the ball that I had to start using it from the outside. By the time my hubby got home it was one big tangled mess, but I still had both ends so he started trying to untangle it. He eventually gave up and said it would have to be thrown out. We went away for four days and my parents came out to dog sit while we were gone. When we got home I immediately started laughing so my hubby asked me what was so funny. All I could do was point to the untangled and re-rolled ball of yarn that I found out my mom had done while we were gone. She now wears the untangling crown!! :grinning::yarn::crown:

6 Likes

That is funny. I love it.

I have a funny also. We moved from Iowa to Nebraska with all my yarn totes (105 quart) stacked on the truck, trailer behind it. The totes were all strapped down and fine. About 2 hours in, on the interstate, my hubby notice a strap waving on the side so we pulled off. One of the totes was gone. :frowning: We didn’t want danger for others so we turned and went back. We never did find the tote. I don’t know if it disintegrated or got hauled away by a semi. :grimacing: But, we found yarn along the side, in the ditch. When it landed, it rolled at 80 miles an hour and tangled it all together. We did retrieve most. No way of knowing really. It was my cotton tote. Lots of little skeins, and some cones. I spent the rest of the trip (and the next few days) de-tangling. The last of it was such a mess, I just cut it. I made the ends into this. Notice the ends are still there? Yep. It’s about 12 inches square. I use it in my fridge to put pans on if they are still warm. Daily reminder!

Now, part 2. Can you imagine driving down the interstate and having a large tub of yarn coming at you? I feel like that happened to me and I found it. Yay. Tons of cotton yarn! Whoop Whoop :grin: Never mind the fact that I lost it also. Hahaha :crazy_face:
yarnendproject

6 Likes

Oh I love a yarn tangle. I find it really therapeutic and have in the past been given tangles to undo by friends.

It’s a thing I wish I could do for others too :rofl:

6 Likes

Eek that would not be fun to be behind and see yarn bouncing towards you.
It’s like one of those stories you tell for years and no-one really believes you :joy::joy:

6 Likes

I detest untangling yarn. I’ll untangle to a point, once I get to that point though I cut it and throw it away!!! The aggravation is not worth it.

5 Likes

I find it kinda therapeautic, unless I have a deadline. I’m learning to not give myself any anymore. Deadlines that is.

6 Likes

I hear ya about deadlines, One of the reasons why I don’t want to make anything to sell in a shop or by request.

5 Likes

I just make them wait. :laughing:

5 Likes

Yes!

6 Likes

Oh, so much! :blush:

5 Likes

Hate them. But untangle them. Such a pity to waste even an inch of yarn. Yarn is precious. Must preserve yarn :slight_smile:
Yarn tangles always happen when I’m in a hurry - to wind to a cone, to frog the entire item. I’m now gathering my will for undoing a shawl to reuse it in another project. Soooo nervous.

6 Likes

So true! I hate wasting yarn.

6 Likes