You will get nothing!!! in the mail!!!!

42 Likes

That is something some people will never understand :sweat_smile: like why do they think they are getting a finished piece for $2.50

17 Likes

I had someone that asked about the dolls I’m making and I said I could ship them to her in NC for $20. She said she’d take two … Thought the complete doll PLUS shipping was $20. Uh, no.

12 Likes

Dolls take so long to complete $20 is nothing :sob:

11 Likes

I have to say that I do not oppose haggling in general until it comes to personal art or handmade stuff. That’s just inconsiderate and shows you don’t really respect the work, creativity and brains that goes into making something.

13 Likes

Yes, what a deal, I would take a couple for $20 also. Not sure it would cover the supplies, much less the time. (retired, so the hobby itself pays for my time, but still.) I wrote it off to not explaining myself well.

12 Likes

It’s not even about the pricing, each person can decide what they are okay with charging- even if it’s zero! But the person buying or receiving the item should respect and appreciate everything that goes into making this item. And if they don’t think it’s valuable enough then well, as they say in Star Wars- just “move along” :joy:

13 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

i think people purposely - the buyer- do stuff like this. Try to trap the seller or make seller feel bad, so that buyer ends up walking away with a product for next to nothing.
I want to punch those people in the neck, military style, so like dead.
But, Then there’s Jesus, So I don’t.

11 Likes

:heartbeat:

8 Likes

A neighbor stopped me and asked what I sell them for. Then said. Oh, ok, I was just wondering.
I can tell she thought it was high. Oh well. So far I have sold all I’ve made. Except my Marilyn doll, of course.

11 Likes

Aren’t you glad she thought it was high?

12 Likes

Honestly like crocheters are under payed enough as it is with how competitive the market is I feel like most of us hardly make a profit with how expensive materials get And not to mention how many hours put into it Another huge problem I’ve been running into is it’s so hard to part with something you put so much love, effort and time into

8 Likes

Truth….

7 Likes

I make so much stuff so I don’t have the problem parting with anything. If anything I’m excited that someone gets something I made. But I agree supplies aren’t cheap and I spend HOURS on my projects.

9 Likes

Some people’s reading skills are bad on purpose :rofl: when they want free or cheap stuff

6 Likes

My issue is I can’t afford to make duplicates of things so when I really like a project and I get super attached to anything with a face haha

7 Likes

Like I’m working on a custom order and how am I Supposed to part with this little guy

9 Likes

Oh that guy is adorable!!

5 Likes

I’d like to chip in with my not so cool story. I made a bag (in the picture). Just to try out this type of crochet. And was ready to gift it to anyone who would take it, when a lady wrote to me asking if I could make a jumper for her in that color and how much it could worth. When I explained that this kind of yarn will not look the same in a jumper and asked how much she would be willing to pay IF I accepted her proposal I received the amount that would not cover the yarn :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: that was funny

8 Likes