18TH BIRTHDAY- HELP ME!! (full sentence)

So my brother’s 18th birthday is coming up, I need some ideas on what to make that is very meaningful! Doesnt have to be crochet, can be anything!! :frowning_with_open_mouth:

13 Likes

uhhhh i’m not good with birthday gifts :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Try crochet a male’s shirt for him or something specifically for males​:smile:

1 Like

Depends what he’s into, check Pinterest for ideas too there are some great patterns on there
Here are things I made for my brother for ideas:
Crochet Fingerless gloves (he uses them all the time)
Tapestry crocheted dinosaur skull vest (he says it’s his fave lmao) there are loads of pixel grid patterns on Pinterest for free for all sorts of shows, artists, aesthetics etc
A summer crochet shirt thing (idk how to explain but it’s like a shaket with short sleeves and I made it with white cotton yarn)
He ruined his favourite jeans and there were loads of tears in them so I crocheted granny squares and sewed them over the holes and he really liked how they turned out.
A bucket hat (checkered)
A bottle holder (for festivals so he stays hydrated cause he is terrible and drinking water​:skull:)
A key cover (for house keys on his lanyard)
I also made the lanyard strap
He’s really into indie aesthetic so he’s asking for stuff all the time lmao, luckily I’m a good sister and am happy to make it for him and don’t charge :joy:
GL and happy bday to ur brother!:tada:

1 Like

thank you so much <3 how long did the vest take you? His birthday is in around 20 days… Would that be enough time to make a basic vest?

I would say so, I made mine in a week I think but it honestly depends on the size you make it, yarn you use, how long you spend each day crocheting and your skill level.
I made a medium sized vest with acrylic yarn and a size 4mm hook, I spent at least 4 hours each day sometimes loads more crocheting (it was the holidays so I had time) and I was a beginner/intermediate level. But I think 20 days is definitely a good amount of time :slight_smile: good luck :smiling_face::heart_hands:

1 Like