$5 market

heyy everyone hope you have a good morning/afternoon/night

i have a $5 market (which means you cant sell anything more than $5) and i cant think of any ideas so i thought you guys might be able to help its ok if you cant :))

~Hoppa

18 Likes

Maybe really quick projects, like coaster, or granny square pouches, or maybe little chicks for leggy marshmallows or smth

7 Likes

ooo there good ideas ty!

6 Likes

OoOOo , maybe the sweet softies octo pattern , it takes about 10 minutes

Octo pattern sweet softies! <3

5 Likes

Maybe like a little butterfly, bees,or flowers?

6 Likes

thank you there amazing ideas

6 Likes

Bookmarks
Keychain

5 Likes

Worry worms
Positive potatoes
Pickles
Face scrubbies

3 Likes

keychains

2 Likes

Definitely little keychains!
Mini frogs,
The pop it mushrooms, :mushroom:
Dish scrubbing pads
Soap holders
Coasters
@suettle has tons of cute little patterns that could easily be turned into keychains
Or you can make them into little cat toys with some catnip inside them

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag! Good luck with your Market whatever you decide to make. :slight_smile:

Most of my designs are perfect for keychains/ornaments/cat toys. Cat toys are great for markets because they’re rare, cute, relatively cheap, and people will often buy for their pets when they wouldn’t spend money on themselves.

I sell in a local shop and sell out every month. I make my cat toys made of cotton yarn, stuffed with wool and homegrown catnip (store-bought is fine ofc but buy a high quality one that’s nice and skunky smelling). When making cat toys be sure to include a disclaimer that they need to be discarded if they get damaged / aren’t suitable for cats that eat their toys.

Some of them like my jellyfish and the moody rain cloud that is dropping soon (and will be F³ for one day) are perfect for attaching a hanging loop to the top for use with cat teaser wands. I make the cat teaser wands out of wood dowels and small brass eye bolts from the hardware store. The string is just a crochet chain with loops and upcycled buttons at the ends. I sold several cat teaser bundles (wand, string, and two dangly toys) for $25 at Christmas, so if you sold parts separately you could stay under the $5 cap.

Whenever I make amigurumi for humans I stuff with dried homegrown herbs like lemon balm, sage, or lavender in addition to wool for added value.

1 Like

Small octos sell great, same with small whales. People love anything cute and mini!

2 Likes

you could make keychains and coasters

1 Like

Scrunchies, coasters, small amigurumi
you should also remember about materials, like keychain rings, safetey eyes, yarn and stuffing. If you want to make profit you should use yarn that you have alot of and stuff with scrap yarn if making amigurumi!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh thank you so so very much for all the ideas I will definitely be making them :DD

1 Like

Mug rugs, coasters, scrunchies, key rings, bookmarks, little change bags, lanyards, finger puppets, mini stuffies, pencil toppers, earrings, bracelets, plant hangers, stuffed plants, slippers, mittens, leg warmers, boot cuffs, choker necklace, hair clips and scarfs, headbands, ear warmers, shower pouffs, face scrubbies/makeup removers, hot pads, pan cosies, bowl cozies, bottle/can cozies, snowballs for indoor snowball fight, small stuffed dice, chill pill pillow…the list goes on and on.
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!