A proud adventure, with a hint of crochet.

A little backstory/context on me. I’ve struggled with Agoraphobia since I was 13 years old when I first got homeschooled due to severe panic attacks. Two years ago I went through a succesion of traumatic home invasions in a 3 day time span, and I’ve had issues going out ever since. The pandemic actually made this easier on me, as staying home was what we were supposed to do. But now I am struggling to get better and get my quality of life back.

Today I went on a pokemon go adventure, and I took my crochet froggy I made with me to take photos of him. He is scented with Lavender oils and he is my anxiety buddy when going out now. I can’t bring myself to do so often, but I am so proud of myself for going on a two hour walk this evening with my partner. He’s been a huge help and so supportive and I am trying so hard.

So, I am very, very proud to present, photos I took of FwoOgy’s first Adventure outside, and my first time going out in, I don’t even know how many months it’s been honestly.

16 Likes

This is such a huge step!!! You should be so proud of yourself! I love these pictures! They are beautiful! Using the oils on your sweet froggy is such a great idea! I can see that being such a big help for people! I’m so sorry that you have gone through so much and have had such a hard time. I’m so glad that you were able to take such a big step today! Keep your head up! Things will get better!!! Can’t wait to see more pictures from you in the future!

8 Likes

Thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means to me.
The Lavender helps a lot! Even if I look funny sniffing a frog all the time hahaha
It’s been a really hard last 5 years for me, but I’m trying to come back strong. I’m also trying to get into therapy and stuff before we move, so hopefully I’ll be handling things better then as well.
Also, super excited because where I’m moving to is surrounded by trees and lots of pretty places to take photos of my makes that are surrounding the apartment, so I’ll be trying to enjoy more outside time at least.

8 Likes

Such beautiful pictures by a very brave young lady. Brought tears to my eyes.
Your reaction to such invasions in your own home is a normal one, know that. You are not abnormal.
We avoid that which activates our fight/flight systems in our brain. This happens on a lower level in our brains automatically without even thinking about it. We can’t over ride that reflexive fight or fight that happens over milliseconds. We are wired this way to protect ourselves.
I’m so happy for you that you have a supportive partner. When we are wounded by people, that wound doesn’t heal till people come in and heal that wound.
So proud of you and I appreciate that you did a lot of scary work to get to this point.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

I’m so proud of you :heart: btw the froggie is so cute

8 Likes

Beautiful :two_hearts:

Hope you get to do a little bit more every day :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I’m so proud of you :heart: the pictures also turned out amazing

I hope you’ll be able to have more fun adventures like this without any panic :grin:

4 Likes

@anoswaldoddity Thank you so much for that super kind message, you made me tear up too :face_holding_back_tears: I know it’s my brain protecting me, and relearning all these things I need to has proven to be much more difficult than I ever could have imagined.
My partner and I went through this (what seemed like) never ending event together, and we’ve been working through the healing process as well. It blows my mind how well he’s handled everything over the last few years. We are actually coming up on our Thousand Day Anniversary next week.
It’s been a wild ride to say the least.

@milofrog Thank you so much! FwoOgy appreciates this lol (As do I of course)

@CraftsbyNicB I hope so as well! It’s an uphill battle, but I love getting to see the sun from the top, even if I start at the bottom again tomorrow.

@WolfKvB Thank you a ton friendo, I can’t wait to tell you all about them in discord again sometime, I’ve been a bit distant from the chats the last few weeks. My pc should be fixed soon though! My Mom is taking my parts to my friend in the morning tomorrow.
I hope you enjoyed your tournament!

Thank U GIF by chiara

5 Likes

Niceeee :grin: would be really fun to chat again (I only realized a while after how long that chat actually was :joy: it was awesome :heart:)

4 Likes

I agree! I had so much fun :love_letter: and I realized it when I noticed it was dark outside for you lol!

4 Likes