About "No Sew" patterns

Yeah, I can only imagine the amount of time saving no sew projects give you :grin:
But yeah, the resulting esthetics are totally different :blush:

6 Likes

Yeah like I said I usually charge less for them bc of the aesthetic but I have noticed I love doing low-sew patterns!

6 Likes

Omgosh! Donā€™t go away! Please!
The no sew is for people who donā€™t know how to sew. I wish I had seen your patterns 2 years ago,?I would have gobbled up all your patterns with sewing instructions!!
Iā€™ve figured out how to sew on stuff now in my own way that works well. .

6 Likes

I personally prefer no-sew because Iā€™m a bit of a perfectionist and it takes me awhile to sew on pieces (I often end up redoing them a few times to get things exactly symmetrical, which is annoying). Itā€™s also easier to reproduce the exact same results with no-sew patterns. However I think the majority of people donā€™t particularly mind sewing, so there is definitely an audience for both.

7 Likes

uh sorry i wouldnā€™t say ā€œno sewā€ is for people who donā€™t know how to sewā€¦ it can be more convenient for people especially ppl who need a lot of stock in a short period of time. i make plenty of no sew patterns, i wouldnā€™t say theyā€™re beginner friendly. and i also test lots of complex patterns that involve a fair chunk of sewing so i know how to sew.

sewing or no sew is a preference. everyoneā€™s allowed to have their own preferences, i like no sew simply because it means the pattern is somewhat small and quick to finish so i can make more. i lose interest in a pattern if its too big or if i take too long making it, thatā€™s a me thing.

6 Likes

I think sometimes itā€™s nice to have a quick project without any assembly. For me the biggest issue is keeping up with pieces Iā€™ve already made :joy:
Iā€™m trying to post more no sew patterns because a lot of people seem to like/prefer them.

5 Likes

A few days ago my gf said she admires me that I make projects with multiple elements to sew not because this is ā€œhardā€ (she mastered sewing and making her own cosplays) but because she got bored very easily when she has to make like 8 different small pieces with magic rings and every tiny piece she has to sew it on.
Tldr: Sewing patterns are time consuming and ā€œboringā€ - in that sense you have to make 29293 magic circles and inside you are doing the same and the same

5 Likes

Im fine with sewing but i prefer not lol

6 Likes

:laughing: thatā€™s very sweet of you to say that :grin: Yeah I ended learning on my own as well and I think things turned out pretty nice :smile_cat:

4 Likes

I understand where youā€™re coming from, Iā€™m a perfectionist too :laughing: I often found myself undoing sewing so many times that my thread would break and Iā€™d have to use a new one to sew instead :sob: but with time and experience I think I do it less often thankfully :laughing:
Thank you for your input :smile_cat:

5 Likes

I think yeah it really boils down to personal preference and context often :grin: weā€™re all so different after all :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Yes, I think Iā€™d enjoy them too once in a while :laughing: especially when you have cats who misplace your little bits and pieces because theyā€™ve been playing with them :rofl:
I think itā€™s really kind of you to try to adapt to your audience :grin: I could try to design no sew patterns too someday, like chibi versions of the ones I already made maybe?:thinking:

4 Likes

I understand where sheā€™s coming from, I sometimes (weirdly) donā€™t enjoy too much repetition and need new techniques and stuff :grin: like for instance I wouldā€™t have the patience to make several jellyfish amigurumi or something :laughing: theyā€™re awfully cute, but the little legs are too much for me, Iā€™d have to switch between projects to be okay with it :blush: Thank you for your input :smile_cat:

5 Likes

And that is totally your right :laughing: I think that if I didnā€™t like details so much Iā€™d be the same too :smile_cat:

4 Likes

personally, I make my patterns involve minimum sewing because Iā€™m just lazy. I also do this because I donā€™t have the resources to make a detailed video on how to sew on limbs etc.

When it comes to using patterns someone else has made, I generally am not deterred by having to sew things on. But I usually only make smaller things, that involve less sewing anyway.

I think making a pattern have minimum sewing is always handy because itā€™s just overall less stress. But having to sew things on is completely fine.

7 Likes

I totally get your point :laughing: I also feel lazy sometimes :laughing: I made a shortcut where instead of having to film every individual pattern sewing portion, I instead created different sewing methods and instruct people which one to use during the assembly, along with detailed pictures to help. I think itā€™s a win :grin:

But overall, smaller projects are definitely quicker and less stressful indeed :grin:

7 Likes

I feel like its more for people who dont like sewing.
I personally think no sew is wayyyy easier and faster, but ive seen a lot of beginners say its too hard. Maybe they arent familiar with crocheting pieces together and bobbles and stuff?

I used to hate sewing pieces together, but i learned how to sew pieces better and dont mind it as much. Also i find it easier to sew before you stuff and close the main body, so realizing that made me like it better too.

I still prefer nosew by a lot tho lol

6 Likes

Yeah, recently Iā€™ve been starting to miss sewing so Iā€™ve been doing a lot of heavy detail projects lol.

5 Likes

Itā€™s amazing to see the different experience people have about no sew :grin: Maybe the beginner crochetersā€™s struggle with no sew stemmed from a lack of confidence that is common among beginners? :thinking: it could explain a lot :grin:
Yeaaah I used to hate it tooo :rofl: Itā€™s true that keeping the stuffing out of the way helps in so many ways :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Yeah there are periods when you need one or the other :grin:

5 Likes