ALDIs Sells Yarn

Does anyone know when ALDIs sells yarn in the USA?

12 Likes

You have aldis in the USA?

7 Likes

For like at least 40 years.

7 Likes

It finally arrived :heart_eyes::green_heart:
My fb groups have been so confused when uk folks posted about aldi yarn and USA people went and couldn’t find any.
Enjoy the yarn :confetti_ball::tada:
Note some of the acrylic can feel rougher until after its first wash :blush:

7 Likes

cool! i thought aldis were judt a uk thing :joy:

6 Likes

Aldi is originally from Germany… And little known fact in the US, there are 2 version (northern and southern) and according to several Germans, US got the “good one” (but I don’t remember if it’s northern or southern)

9 Likes

And Lidl.
Sadly not everywhere.
We don’t have any nearby. Same with ikea

7 Likes

my dad loves aldis! i didn’t know they sell yarn lol

7 Likes

Yep! It isn’t my favorite store here, but it is an option.

4 Likes

yeah, ive heard that you guys have got loads of cool yarn stores in the us

5 Likes

oh cool!

5 Likes

your bio says you are TX, depending on where, you should have both Aldi and Ikea reasonable close…gosh I miss Aldi and Ikea!

6 Likes

It’s special deals every once in a while, at least in Germany :smiley:

6 Likes

Reasonable close is a definition for Texas :joy:
For this German, nothing is reasonable :joy:
I live 30 minutes away from the next city with a decent Walmart or big box hardware store, 1 hour from sort of real civilization, 2 hours from San Antonio with an Ikea.
Haven’t seen an Aldi or lidl anywhere :joy:

2 hrs don’t seem bad when you already live close to civilization, but driving our do called highways here at the border is a big pita. Plus the truck traffic is getting worse all the time, you might run into a car chase of coos vs smugglers,…
Then in civilization you have a bunch of suicidal lunatics that drive like they are invincible :joy:
Been in Laredo yesterday, had my fill of civilization for the next 3 months :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

As far as I know, Aldi does not sell yarn.

4 Likes

4 Likes

@CrochetQueen101 That’s what I thought too, basically a grocery store… :thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a grocery store, and sometimes they have toys.

4 Likes

According to the ALDI usa website, they have an entire crafting line, not just yarn!
Well have 3 stores to choose from once we move… So excited to finally have something other than Walmart again!

3 Likes