All about blocking

15 Likes

Bookmarked.

3 Likes

I need to buy more mats. My shawls are too big to block on those I have :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh! Me too! I love long asymmetrical shawls. Currently I end up blocking them in two sections. I have 18 mats but it’s not sufficient always.

2 Likes

I’m seriously considering ordering from that wholesale playmat store that does like, every color of the rainbow plus non rainbow for playrooms :rofl:

1 Like

Those are the ones I bought. They work just as well. Tho they aren’t marked, it’s easy enough to lay down a measuring tape or other measure device. I’ve thought about getting extra 120” measuring tapes and gluing them down then cutting at the junctions. But then you’d have to always have to use the mats in order.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I don’t use the marks anyway, they don’t line up on my mats if I don’t place the correct numbers at the correct space :rofl:

1 Like

That’s aggravating! Glad I didn’t spend that extra money on them! Good luck! I hope the play mats work with your current ones. Someone gifted me a set of 8 but they turned out to be 3” shorter. They’re still good for small projects.

2 Likes

you can also buy them in black from the automotive section or from restaurant supply sections, they are just rubber floor mats that interlock
I have a stack in my living room right now that my daughter left behind while moving

2 Likes

I never block anything unless it’s lace. And I rarely make lace. Then again, I have excellent tension…that wasn’t meant to be a brag, I just do. I can knit for hours put it away for a year and come back and knit it exactly the same tension.

1 Like

Playmats don’t work with the ones I have cause different thickness, different cut etc. But at this point it would still be worth it to get them and keep the blocking mats for smaller items :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve not seen them sold there for as cheap as on the website tho! Those were an amazingly good price!

1 Like

she got her’s from amazon… I think

1 Like

Yeah, Amazon is expensive in Canada tho :rofl: people keep telling me “I got x and x for like $10” and when I check, it’s 2-3x that plus shipping :rofl: just checking quickly, the least expensive listing on there is $50.

1 Like

she speaks in a mere whisper “WISH”

I would happily send you mine, but the shipping might not make it worth it

1 Like

#grannycyclopedia
#grannysuperknitter

1 Like

I have either 4 or 6 24x24 (4 foot square) tiles that I’m not sure I will ever use and can’t stand to waste

1 Like

I was blessed with extraordinary eye-hand coordination and dexterity, but I can’t type, play an instrument, or use a game controller… I have to be able to see where my hands go

1 Like

I was going to recommend using the kids floor mats i found at walmart they are larger and under $20.00 for four but after seeing your response to someone else they wont work. Ps im in canada too so i can empathize with your experince on amazon too. Whenever someone says ooh i gotvit on amazon i look and :woozy_face: way more.

2 Likes