Alpaca versus Llama

16 Likes

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

5 Likes

Despicable Me Lol GIF
And llamas spit! Jerks! :joy:

4 Likes

Llama are 10/10 guard animals. I used to volunteer with animals and we had a flock of sheep guarded by llamas.
I went in one day and the llamas came running at me until they got close enough to recognise me. I found a random knife near their gate and suspect they chased off someone up to no good and suspected I’d be another til they got close enough.
They also told us off for taking their sheep when we had to do the worming or shearing and would go round and round the pen watching us, making sure we weren’t hurting their tiny fluffy friends :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Both of them spit. Just watch for them drooping their bottom lip to avoid.

5 Likes

That’s a good story!

4 Likes

I was so thankful for them being there.
They’re awesome creatures.

3 Likes

True they both do spit, but alpaca spit less often and generally at each other for some grievance :rofl:. These are a few of my son’s alpaca. Liz is the heard leader and one of the others sniffed her behind, it was a greivence :rofl::rofl:.

5 Likes

We had a farm volunteer place nearby that had alpaca that would spit at the public if they didn’t give them food.
They’re such funny animals

3 Likes

:rofl: bad manners. ;p. My son has had his herd of alpaca for about 6 years, I’ve only seen one spit at a person, and that person wasn’t respecting when the alpaca kept moving away from her, she just kept pestering the alpaca until the alpaca said enough with a spit lol.

3 Likes