Amigurumi Pricing

16 Likes

Great article. Reading through it it is how I price. I have been crocheting for nearly 52 years and I see so many people pricing like it’s Walmart. I have a local gal pricing hats for $8 when I can sell for $15-18.

We need to stop selling our work for pennies and get serious if we want people to take our art seriously.

5 Likes

I’m sure this will be helpful for many!

4 Likes

Yea, they can get a knit beanie from the store, but have you looked at the prices lately? Everything is costing more!
I saw a beanie, not fancy at Wal mart for $10 have you ever worn one of the cheap ones?
Our stuff is and should be priced as if in a boutique shop. If the item is perfect or nearly perfect.

3 Likes

Thank you for this!

2 Likes

Loved this article! A great read. With crochet and knitting getting more popular recently, I find it so frustrating when you go into a shop and see a crochet top selling for €20 when you know it costs way more than that to make ( and it’s not even made properly) knitting can be done by a machine, to a degree but crochet is 100% handmade and to see cheaply made items selling in shops for “fast fashion” just really irritates me! Sorry for the long rant :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

There has been longer rants than yours! We got to discussing this issue quite a bit last year when a SHEIN was selling crochet clothes.

4 Likes

It’s so frustrating isn’t it!!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing. I just did a craft fair and there were a lot of crochet booths. Most were priced low. Frustrating.

2 Likes