Amigurumi Stuffing Tipsfrom Japan Book

A couple of things I learned from the Japan book -
When stuffing, start at the edges/sides and shape as you go leaving a concave depression in the middle for more stuffing. FLUFF the stuffing, make it look like a cloud, then put small pieces in there.
Put three times the volume of stuffing into part.

Making bugs for party, not frogs. Frogs with their fancy legs will take too long. Hoping I can get 30 bugs done.

Oh, and if you WANT cheap safety eyes
these are the ones to get

They’ll work for 5 year olds anyway, at a party.

OH! Can ANYONE tell me the best colored safety eyes to buy, where can I buy them?

23 Likes

I’d love to help, but I never use safety eyes before… :confused:
Thnx for the stuffing tips… :hugs::two_hearts:

9 Likes

Maybe hobby lobby

9 Likes

Nope, Hobby Libby and Michaels don’t carry but maybe 2-3 set of eyes and at $3-4 a pair which is RIDICULOUS!
The ones I DID buy from there and from Joann’s are no better than the cheap ones I got from Amazon.

9 Likes

Post on the best hooks for amigurumi based on hook size and yarn weight.
@Kenshae
@PeloteFiction
@WolfKvB
@Asher
@noel-is-crocheting
@amit2677
@NoKittenAroundStudio
@TayCrochetss

15 Likes

Best place to buy yarn according to Julia for Amigurumi

12 Likes

Oh, sorry. That’s where I get mine :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I get my safety eyes from glass eyes online!

9 Likes

Oh my, You showed me the way to an awesome resource!!

9 Likes

Of course! There’s so many fun eyes to choose from!

9 Likes

Very cool tips @anoswaldoddity about the best ways to stuff the plushie. Thanks for sharing. Take care, Anna.

10 Likes

Thank you so much I did not know about yarns inspiration :green_heart:

7 Likes

That stuffing tip has made my past two projects much better looking! Thanks

8 Likes

Awesome! I found it helped a great deal, then when i think it’s almost full, i press down if it feels i do not how yo say it between squishy and bouncy, then i get it almost closed and stuff a little more in the middle.

8 Likes

@VelvetFox
Thanks! I want to help people, but kind of have a weird reason for doing so in this area.
I had asked others for help and they would dodge, refuse, ignore, or state they only help those working on their patterns. It made me angry as I thought " You don’t own this craft". I determined to find out the answer anyway and help others in this craft in whatever way possible.
A key factor why I like the community in ribblr, and will do everything I can to support the platform.

8 Likes

Got these safety eyes and the washers WORK! They are separated into different bags with labels for their size.
Just sharing if anyone looking for eyes that work!

8 Likes

Blog and video tutorial on how to brush yarn in Amigurumi.

6 Likes

Ooo those are so pretty! Can you please send me the link?

4 Likes

Can’t paste an Amazon link.
Basically, get on Amazon
Look up ARTCXC
Once at their store look for this

ARTCXC 50Pcs 5Size 5Colors - 11/13/17/19/23MM Safety Eyes Plastic Craft Eyes with Washer for Amigurumi Crochet Crafts Dolls Stuffed Animals and Teddy Bear DIY Making Supplies

These are the only ones I get off Amazon, all the other ones are crap. The washers are really good.

4 Likes

Ok, thank you so much!

3 Likes