Amigurumi vs clothes

That’s so amazing! You got it done just in time! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Yea!!! Two brothers blankets! Been following them for a long time.

5 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @OBabyNMore! I’m slowly getting my patterns added to Ribblr! I’ll work on getting the Chevy Cardigan up asap! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I also prefer Amigurumi, I’ve made octopuses, platypuses, bears, a bootleg pikachu and a ton more.
I tried making a pullover once but it turned out WAY bigger and used WAY more wool than I thought. Doesn’t fit me in the slightest, but oversized look is great (if it weren’t so heavy…)
But I really want to make more clothes, they have a more practical use than just being cute. I’ve made balaclavas, which turned out really cool too.

6 Likes

I prefer amigurumi because it’s most of the timer quicker to make

6 Likes

Interesting question and responses! I’ve mostly done amigurumi so far, and I like that they’re quick projects and just adorable. The downside is that I don’t really know what to do with them, so I’ve only made them as gifts so far and sometimes turned them into usable things like keychain pendants.

I’m also getting into making clothes though. They’re trickier since you have to pay attention to gauge and everything, and my first sweater turned out way too big because I didn’t :joy:, but I like that I can actually use them. I actually like that they have so many rows and can be repetitive because I’m often crocheting while in video meetings or watching TV when it’s easier if I don’t have to focus too much on the pattern :joy:.

7 Likes

Welcome welcome! Been following your blog for a long time.

6 Likes

I normally sell my amigurumi or give it to friends so it doesn’t gather dust.

5 Likes

same I made an octopus it’s called Gustaph.

6 Likes

It’s definetly easier and way more quick and enjoyable to do amigurumi. But I would love to make clothes too

7 Likes

I haven’t made too many clothes before and not going to lie sometimes they are a bit confusing lol.

Plus Amigurumi are so cute!

6 Likes

Ikr and they r so chonky as well

6 Likes

I agree.

6 Likes

Normally I make them as presents lolol

5 Likes

same or I sell them

6 Likes

I prefer clothing. Actually someday I would like to try amigurumi, but I am drawn to making my own clothing and home accessories like pillows and blankets. They are not as intimidating as you might think. Just try a simple pattern with simple shaping and stitch, and do a gauge swatch. Also try to use the yarn intended for your first garment. As you know yarn weights vary even within the same category (eg Caron Simply Soft vs Red Heart Super saver), and it can be frustrating to get the right look for your garment as intended. Once you make your first well fitted sweater, you will be hooked, no pun intended (kind of)!

8 Likes

Both… I feel best when I have amigurumi projects and some big clothing wip like sweater. Sometimes i get tired of amigurumi because you have to do heavy counting, in clothes instead, you may work repetitive rows with the same stitches. I find that refreshing after toys. At the same time clothes are rather boring if you do ONLY them so making an amigurumi is like going away from routine.

8 Likes

I think with crochet I definitely prefer amigurumi, but it took me a while to muster up the courage to dive in and now I can’t stop!

But with knitting, I prefer knitted clothing over knitted toys. However, I keep making more and more crochet plushies and my knit WiPs are just kind of giving me the evil eye from the corner of my desk :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

5 Likes

yeah I agree, knitted toys don’t have look and the vibe and the knit stitches don’t really fit amigurumi

6 Likes