Amigurumi vs clothes

What do you guys prefer making amigurumi or clothes?

I prefer amigurumi because it turns out really cute and you don’t need that much yarn, making clothes is really cool and I would love to wear handmade clothes for tag day etc but I just can’t be bothered, you know what I mean, I tried to crochet a top once and I started all excited and eager but once I saw how many rows you had to do I just gave up. The only piece of clothing I’ve made is a sweater vest for my teddy. Lol

Also I thought that if I had kids in the future I could make toys for them instead of buying factory made toys.

Anyways tell me what you think.

17 Likes

definitely amigurumi. i don’t have the attention span or patience to do clothes.

10 Likes

100% amigurumi. Crochet clothes never turn out for me. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

same here, up the amigurumi.

8 Likes

same they are either to small or to bigger and I just give up, Lol

9 Likes

Both, except I crochet wayyyyy more amigurumi :sweat_smile: Also I don’t design cloths really because of the sizing :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

same here at first when I learnt about crochet a year ago thought you could only make clothes and the I discovered amigurumi if there was no such thing as amigurumi I probably wouldn’t have stuck to crocheting.

8 Likes

Also definitely prefer amigurumi, it’s faster and like with clothes it just stresses me out like it getting dirty or the size not working out (like even if it fits okay at first, like I would be worried about it getting too big or too small later)

A scarf I might make and finish, just because less work and it would always kinda fit

9 Likes

i prefer amigurumi because crochet clothing never fits me. i love designing my own stuffed animals : ). but with clothing, i love making accessories like bags and hats and stuff like that.

9 Likes

same I really wanna make a tote bag.

8 Likes

Yeah

7 Likes

I’m doing amigurumi like crazy right now but I’d like to try to make some clothes someday.

7 Likes

Cool.

6 Likes

It’s definitely a personal preference kind of thing as I love making clothes and refuse to make any more amigurumi

12 Likes

@OBabyNMore Those little baby sweaters and hats are soooo sweet! Are they for your little baby girl? :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:
Also love your sweater/cardigan!! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

I am big on wearables. I try to add a few amigurumis and stuffies to the patterns I sell cause those are the most popular, and don’t get me wrong, they are really fun! But space-wise, in my appartment I prefer to have things that are functionnal cause Idk where to put all my stuffed toys anymore tbh :rofl:

Also there is no feeling like wearing a cozy cardi that you made yourself, or fancy shawls with plenty of texture and fancy stitches!

10 Likes

Thanks… No, I actually hate pink… I made those for my best friend’s twins… (And realized when posting the pic that the sleeves are different lengths… Sent them to her last year before the babies were born in Dec :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:)
I started to figure out the sizing to make for my daughter too, but then got caught up in making the Christening blanket, so now I’ll have to figure out up to 2 yrs haha (it’s my design) and send her updated/bigger so the 3 girls have matching sweaters :blush:

My cardigan was a test that I finished shortly before I found out I was pregnant, so it was one of those things that I was glad to have because I didn’t have to worry about it not fitting through the pregnancy :rofl: (The designer of it has started bringing her patterns here to Ribblr :blush: @twobrothersblankets - so excited!)

10 Likes

That’s so sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

That’s so helpful! It looks so good on you - perfect fit! :heart_eyes: I’ve heard it can be annoying to get pregnancy clothes, only need them for 9 months or so, and then not being able to use them because they’re not needed. So this is perfect! :star_struck:
I don’t see the cardigan pattern on @twobrothersblankets shop, so it must be one of the patterns to be released on Ribblr. Can’t wait! I want to make it for myself :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s not currently on Ribblr, and I don’t know if she plans to bring all of her patterns over… But it is in her shop cover picture (the beige cardigan on the right side)… She also sells on Etsy…

Yes, I was very picky when buying maternity clothes, I would only buy ones that I could and would wear post partum (like all of my shirts have the nursing access)… The cardigan being good got pregnancy was a happy accident, because when I signed up to test I wasn’t pregnant… I found out I was pregnant just 2 weeks after taking that picture!

5 Likes