Amigurumi

Yup! My favorite method if it feels understuffed

5 Likes

Yep stab in the neck "It’s going to be ok honey":heart::heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

The best book on Amigurumi Basic Techniques I could find. Just received the book today, and it’s everything I hoped it would be.

I ordered it through Amazon for $17.41 and this is put on by the Japan Amigurumi Association and published in Japan!
This has everything in one book that I’ve been looking for. If you want more specific information, just ask!

6 Likes
4 Likes

Hi there.
I use worsted weight yarn with a 3.5mm hook.
From experience, when I started to crochet, I use a bigger hook with worsted weight and it left holes in between the stitches and started showing the fiberfill.
You can also use a thicker yarn and use a bigger hook if you can something much bigger.

I also have tons of easy free patterns on my blog. Provide tons of pictures to help you assemble the pieces together.

6 Likes

I am an amigurumi beginner as well!! I actually learned using a kit from The Woobles. Super easy to learn and great video tutorials, also gave me a hook so when I went to buy yarn I already had a hook for that size. However, you could just buy your own materials and use their videos to teach yourself stitches and such if you find it helpful (I do, since they have videos for lefties). Anyway, the yarn I got to start learning was Big Twist Value Yarn from Joanns. Nice and soft and I found it easy to use as a beginner :slight_smile:

5 Likes

where can i buy this

4 Likes

@Kenshse
Buy what sweetie?
Your response goes to a posting with eyes, which isn’t is a book- wish it was.

4 Likes

oh my bad. i though you were saying you’d found a book online with ways to stitch the faces lol

4 Likes

The best I can find is Pinterest but is in other languages but I can still read the diagrams.
I type in “Amigurumi faces” “embroider faces” “stitch mouth”- different variations like that.

5 Likes

@Kenshae
I just read in this book that when you stuff, you use 3x the size of polyfil to whatever area you’re going to stuff. Finally, someone tells me the amount of polyfil to use!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
For example, you want to stuff 5 inches then you get 15 inches of polyfil. I use this to illustrate the concept. The math of course is incorrect, you do not measure volume by inches!!!

5 Likes

@Kenshae
@PeloteFiction
@SierraCrochets07
@Chachi03

Found some free amigurumi patterns at following link

6 Likes