Another WIP 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

So, I still have UFOs :woman_facepalming:t3:
But since 2012 (except last year) I’ve made something to wear for Easter… This year I thought it if I start now maybe I can make a matching set for my daughter and I…
So here is the almost done dress for my daughter

I need to add the trim to the sleeves and bottom, and the obvious weave in the ends… Then I’ll start on mine…

Mine will be a tunic length top in either mauve (ish) color or black… I’m liking the idea of ours color coordinating, but I HATE pink and it runs a little close to pink to me…

I reconfigured @twobrothersblankets Jayda Top into toddler size and added decreases so that the skirt will flare (ETA: it’s worked bottom up), then changed the trim as I don’t want ribbing at the bottom of the skirt and wanted all the trim to match. I’m kind of thinking about using the same trim on mine, even though ribbing would be perfectly acceptable…

Yarn: Woolike in purple
Hook: Yarn Mania Interchangeable lighted hook in 4.50mm

18 Likes

This is so cute, and i love the mother/daughter matching idea!! :heart:

7 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love the matching idea!

7 Likes

thats cute!

7 Likes

THANKS! I usually don’t go for the mother daughter matching outfits, but when they coordinate I’m a little more on board… But again not always :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m weird, I know… I usually just find it annoying :woman_shrugging:t3:
But I thought, a dress and a tunic are different, even if using the same stitch pattern… But that’s part of my struggle with the color… Do I want to coordinate and know that I may never wear the top again or do I go with black which is my wardrobe almost entirely and know I’ll wear it many times?

9 Likes

Cute. Maybe you could “match” by wearing a purple shirt under your tunic and a “black” (if that’s what yours is) under hers? Then you wouldn’t have to wear the purple shirt as often.

8 Likes

I say to do something you will actually wear again! And i like the idea @HookedByMarilyn suggested!

6 Likes

So ironically, she will have a black dress under hers (ETA: it’s the only solid color dress she has)… I don’t have a purple tank, but could maybe go light blue, so again coordinating but not matching…

7 Likes

I’m leaning that way… Honestly i was trying to talk myself into the mauve, but I really think I talked myself out of it :woman_facepalming:t3::laughing:
But I’d rather have a piece I’ll wear and I refuse to regret that I prefer black :woman_shrugging:t3::wink:

6 Likes

Yeah, having something you will use later on its way better, like its time consumend into something you wont actually enjoy [making nor wearing]!

5 Likes

That’s so pretty! And such a cute idea to have matching outfits! I would definitely go with black :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart: black is the best!

5 Likes

yes absolutely but i have mostly red and whitr so those colors and i have less tgan 100 yds of black:black_heart:

5 Likes

Uhh YES! Duh! :wink:

5 Likes

yess

5 Likes

I love it! It’s so sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

yes it is

5 Likes

So cute!

6 Likes

Thank you for all the compliments! I’m pretty happy with it and looking forward to finishing!

6 Likes

Put a red skirt or shirt under your black dress. . And leave hers alone. Red, purple, and black coordinate. Perhaps you could wear purple earrings, purple scarf around your neck, purple stockings, purple shoes, purple bracelet……

4 Likes

So I have a red tank top that is close to the mauve yarn (but a little less pink)… That might be a nice compromise… Or I might just be happy with the fact that they are made from the same stitch pattern :woman_shrugging:t3::grin:

4 Likes