Any loom knitters here?

Been doing a LOT of crocheting lately, but my knitting looms are calling to me, so I will have to dust them off and knock out some hats and scarves. Unfortunately, I will have to move a mountain of yarn to get at them (first world problems… LOL)

If you loom knit, what are your favorite brands, or are you just not picky? I have my first looms, a set of the old Knifty Knitter looms that have served me well for years. I have some nice ones that I like from KB Looms, as well as some really nice ones from CinDWood Looms. I also have the (fairly new… introduced earlier this year) Flexee Looms from KB. These are really fun for me, because I can make that loom as large or small as I want. Decreases are easy… just remove links as you go. I currently have a little preemie hat one of mine.

6 Likes

Not me, sorry ! I have never done any loom knitting. They sure look very interesting though.

I hope someone comes along here, to share some loom knitting experiences.

4 Likes

It’s fun, Marjan! And portable too. I like that I can just toss my loom and hook in my bag and go! I can knock out a nice hat in an hour or less!

3 Likes

Yes, that sounds like fun !
I like the idea thta it’s so portable, like you mentioned.

I have been looking at knitting machines but I’m worried I don’t have the space for one. So a knitting loom might be a better choice (for me personally).

2 Likes

They’re pretty versatile. i can knit in the round, do flat panels, do double knit… it’s quite addicting. I’m always finding sources for wonderful patterns and ideas.

1 Like

I used to loom knit a few years ago! I can’t remember the brand of looms I bought, but they were on Amazon. They’re still in great shape! I haven’t loom knitted recently, but it wasn’t for loom knitting, I wouldn’t have learned how to knit or crochet. :grin:

2 Likes

that’s cool! :grinning:

2 Likes

I have kniffty knitter looms. My daughter bout me a Prym sock loom and I got frustrated understanding the heel turn! Much like using straight needles for socks lmao
But I love my looms for ankle warmers

3 Likes

That looks super cozy!

2 Likes

They are, not full leg warmer but nice atop short boots and runners. :grin:

1 Like