Any suggestions

I have been looking for some free beginner knitting patterns and am slightly disappointed to find out that the needles I thought would be the most common are not useful in any of the patterns I like. 🥲 do you have any cute beginner knitting patterns in mind that use size 5 mm needles with worsted weight yarn that are free? I don’t know if this is too much to ask, so sorry if it is :blush: right now 5mm needles are all I have :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Hi @SierraCrochets07 ! There’s a knitted scrubby I make, one of the only knit things I consistently make, and it uses 5mm needles : ) I can send you the pattern if you’d like! :blush:

5 Likes

Like @NoKittenAroundStudio I would suggest a washcloth using worsted cotton and 5.00mm needles… I had found one years ago that made a number one in the middle so it gave practice with stockinette and garter, plus was a nice reminder of it being your first knit project… I don’t know about the pattern I had used, but I could make up a new one for you if you want…
However, my first project was a stockinette rectangle with a garter stitch end on one side that I sewed close to make a tablet cozy lol that I made up on the fly (used worsted acrylic and 5.00mm)

6 Likes

@OBabyNMore @NoKittenAroundStudio i would love that! Thank you so much for offering!

6 Likes

This is the pattern I did like but it seemed too advanced for a first project and it doesn’t use the same materials that I already have. FREE Babydoll Ruffle Top: Knitting pattern | Ribblr

5 Likes

Definitely get comfortable working both stitches before moving on to patterns that involve more complicated stitches.

There are quite a few free dishcloths here you could do. :blush:

5 Likes

oh gosh I got that pattern and it was very hard to try to follow (and I have been knitting for 10 years). I think it may be because english is not my first language and i’m used to receive knitting instructions in spanish tho bahahahsha.
But no, if you want to learn, maybe try something simpler :sparkling_heart:.
I recommend starting with something easy, like maybe a bag out of granny squares (I am making one now myself. If you want, dm me and I can send you written instructions and pictures and stuff, I didn’t make it a pattern but if you want I’ll write it for you)

5 Likes

I’ve got the pattern written (here on Ribblr) just trying to do a quick mock up to make sure I didn’t write something wrong while trying to get it done quickly… I’m over ¼ done with the trial (knitting in the dark is not the easiest, so I’m stopping for the night), hopefully I can finish it tomorrow and publish for you…

5 Likes

Ok it’s published! Trying to figure out how to link it, but it’s the only pattern in my shop :woman_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

That looks so cute! :heart_eyes: Here’s the link to the pattern. :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks! For the compliment and the link :blush: How’d you do that?

5 Likes

When you are on the pattern page, there’s a share button, copy it and then paste the link in your post. :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

5 Likes

Oh… Thanks, I kinda saw that BUT there is a $ symbol thing slightly covering it (I’m using the app) so I didn’t think it was right :woman_facepalming:t3:
But now I know and will ignore the $

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! Whatever you choose to practice your knitting, I hope you share your progress (even if you don’t use my pattern, I promise I won’t be upset)

5 Likes