Any tips?

Are there any experienced knitters that can help me? I free-handed making a chunky cardigan with baloon sleeves. Everything else looks great, however, the baloon sleeves are a bit too baloony at the top where the shoulder is.

The shoulder of the cardigan is maybe halfway down my upper arm and I used a pick up stitch method to make the sleeve. I also used weight 5 chunky yarn and the starting amount of stitches I had was 88 knitted in the round.

If anyone could give me tips or help on how to fix this, I’d greatly appreciate it!

8 Likes

Pics would help. I can’t promise I can help, but if I see what you have I might be able to offer advice

2 Likes

I’m hoping the pictures show up but this is what I have so far.

2 Likes

My first thought would be to pick up less stitches using your stitch guage to determine how many you want. You don’t have to pick up every row, especially if your row and stitch guage aren’t the same (which they usually aren’t)
You may also want to seam the sides under arms a little higher creating a smaller armhole and therefore having (again) less stitches to pick up.

2 Likes

Oh ok, thank you so much! I’ll definitely try that c:

2 Likes