any videos for tighter rib stitch for lefties?

Hello! I’ve been wanting to improve my 3x3 rib stitch, as the last knit stitch before the purl is always looser than the other two and it feels a little sloppy to me. I’ve been able to find resources on how to do it, but most of them are either videos for righty knitters or they’re just blog posts(I learn much better visually) does anyone know of any videos that cover this topic for lefties?

2 Likes

I get your frustration! :confused:
Unfortunately I don’t have a video to share, although I hope someone else might be able to jump in and help.
By the way, we have support for left hand crafters on Ribblr! Check it out the accessibility menu. This will show you left hand tutorial videos and will also flip charts for you :slight_smile: I hope this will help you in the future!

2 Likes

I didn’t realize I could switch it to left handed, that’s so helpful!! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find I can just pull the first purl a little and it tightens up the last knit stitch, or give the last knit stitch a little tug before you start the purl. Yes it’s extra work, but muscle memory kicks in after a while and that helps.

1 Like

Not sure if this will help. but when I taught knitting to lefties, I used the Knittinghelp.com videos (hope it’s ok to say that here) and put up a mirror and had my student watch the mirror…good luck. I knit right handed and Continental gives me the same problems…just with purl stitches.

1 Like