Anyone got tips?

I started crocheting a month ago and im working on a granny square tote bag! Is there anything i should know?

11 Likes

i just watch alot of crochet youtube videos while im crocheting away

Sewing Sew GIF by StickerGiant

8 Likes

I haven’t made one yet but I hope to :green_heart:

7 Likes

volunteer for testing calls that are not what you already know how to do. They will be a great way for you to gain access to a free pattern and grow your skills

7 Likes

Alright! Thanks :yum:

7 Likes

same heree lol

7 Likes

Good luck! :blush:

8 Likes

For granny squares a tip I love using that makes the corners look neater when joining: The turning ch. is part of your first cluster so you start in a corner, and then, when you get to joining, instead of ch2 or ch3, just ch1, and 1sc into the top of your turning ch. That way, when you turn your granny square for the next round, your start is centered in the corner :slight_smile: that’s a tip from Secret Yarnery on Youtube.

8 Likes

Excellent tip! I use this also as I hate fiddling with the ch trying to make it look consistent.

7 Likes

If you know how to sew/have a sewing machine you can try to sew fabric on the inside of the tote although it’s not really necessary. I would also make sure the straps you crochet won’t stretch, if that makes sense lol if not let me know and I can explain/find a better source that explains it lol :laughing:

6 Likes