Anyone say Mini Lemon Meringue Pie

Happy World Teachers Day

Look what I made today for World Teachers Day
115 Mini Lemon Meringue Pies :smile:

Also I did it all by myself, with a little bit of help. I opted myself in for a group of 2 people who never show up. One kid wags class and has never been there, and my other partner didn’t show up for any of the preparation. Neither of them are reliable, but I am happy it’s all over. I had lots of fun. It wasn’t too stressful, but I had a bit of help and that made it easier to get it all done.

I had several comments that they were delicious.
By far they were probably the most popular food item as majority of them were all gone by the end of the event at Morning Tea.

17 Likes

That’s amazing! :clap:

6 Likes

Thanks
A lot of work. But it was worth it and a lot of fun

6 Likes

They look amazing! (Lemon Meringue Pie is my favorite! :two_hearts:) I bet they’re extremely tasty :yum: it’s amazing you did this for World Teachers Day! Teachers do such an amazing job everyday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: What recipe did you follow (if any)! I definitely wanna try making them for my family :relaxed:

3 Likes

wow @Kevan06 thats a lot of lemon mering pies!

3 Likes

I used this recipe which my school provided and we have to make our own recipe card/work plan for the recipe.

I used a frozen short crust pastry (for time efficiency). A 9 pack will make 112, and I used a small scone cutter to cut out circles and placed them into a mini cupcake tin. I managed to get 16 small pastry circles out of 1 sheet of pastry.

I made 1 batch of lemon Curd and used a teaspoon to place it into each Mini pastry case.

I used the egg whites of 11 eggs for the meringue. I had some meringue left over so you could probably use 10 egg whites. I also increased the amount of sugar since I was increasing the amount of egg. I put 1 and a 1/3 cups of sugar in.

I prepared this over a few periods at school

6 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

3 Likes

Oh and before I forge, I had to blind bake the pastry. I used mini cupcake paddy papers and placed them I to the pastry cases. I then put a teaspoon of rice into them to prevent the pastry from rising

3 Likes

Thanks for the info/tip!

3 Likes